Electromechanical Technician Job Description
The Machine Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for an Electromechanical Technician.
Description of directorate/division
The Accelerator Division is responsible for the design, construction, commissioning and operation of the ESS accelerator. The pulsed superconducting linac, to be built in Lund, will produce a 5 MW average power proton beam, driving the world's most powerful neutron source.
The RF group is responsible for the design of the RF systems for the ESS accelerator. The RF systems will provide over 120 MW of peak RF power, supplied by over 150 RF stations and include high power RF amplifiers such as klystrons, tetrodes, IOTs and associated auxiliary systems, LLRF, interlock, distribution and reference line systems.
Description of main responsibilities
You will be supporting with activities throughout the RF group with a focus on supporting the developments within interlock systems: prototyping, tests and maintenance. The position requires hands-on and practical work, integration, cabling, programming of the subsystems, testing and subsequent documentation. You will also perform a preventive maintenance on all equipment as schedule, per procedures and complete documentation.
Electromechanical Technician Job Requirements
- A Bachelor or equal degree in electronics, physics or a relevant engineering discipline is an advantage but candidates with extensive relevant experience with a proven track record will also be considered. Three or more years of work experience is required.
- Specific experience in electronics, related field such as cable assemblies, troubleshoot electro-mechanical assemblies to the component level.
- Extensive faultfinding and repair experience is essential along with experience of working with technical documentation including electrical diagrams.
- You will be proficient in drafting of electrical diagrams using AutoCAD or similar systems.
- Experience with safe systems of work and procedures within a larger organisation are essential.
- Related experience with high-speed signals (10 MHz) PCB faultfinding and repair is an advantage.
- Whilst experience with accelerators is an advantage it is not a prerequisite.
- Experience of working in an international environment is essential.
- Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite; knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
To be successful and perform well in this position you have good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. You work well both independently and within a team. Our work environment is characterised by fast growth, high rate of work, and an international atmosphere with highly academic personnel. You must therefore enjoy the diversity of such and have a personality suited for the challenges it holds being part of the design and operation of a world class facility. Our work environment is exciting and forward thinking and relies heavily on personal initiative.What ESS can offer
At ESS we offer people with talent and passion a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and building of a world leading facility for materials research. Besides attractive employment and relocation conditions, the flexibility to balance work life with private life and good opportunities to further enhance your skills; you will also enjoy being part of an organisational culture that promotes and supports internal career growth. We pride ourselves in having successful collaboration across different functions, and as the facility continues to grow we will keep nurturing the international and vibrant environment welcoming people from all across the world.Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Electromechanical Technician Application Information
Please provide your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions.
The deadline for applications is 31st of August 2015.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Electromechanical Technician Summary
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|| Lund, Sweden
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Apply below to continue.Apply