Electric cars have the potential to benefit everyone tremendously. Not only do they provide a way to reduce emissions and thereby provide us with cleaner air in our cities, electric cars are an important part of the solution to mitigate climate change.
At Lightyear, we love electric cars and know they will prove a turning point in history. We started the Lightyear because we could not just be bystanders of the electric car revolution. We have a very strong drive to accelerate the introduction of electric cars around the globe.
Automotive CAD Engineer Job Description
We envision a shift from traditional environment polluting vehicles to clean and affordable mobility. It is our mission to disrupt the electric car market by providing zero emission mobility for everyone, everywhere. We are on the brink of a breakthrough with the upcoming introduction of the Lightyear One. Do you want to contribute to these world changing goals? Are you looking to make an impact, do you want that everything you do has influence? And are ambition, independence, honesty, sustainability and equality important to you? Then look no further!
We are searching for engineers that can help out with system design of the exterior of the car. Being part of a multidisciplinary engineering team you will make design choices and will be responsible for one or more mechanical modules of the car. We are searching for candidates with experience in one of the following fields: door system design and integration, body panels including the support structure, bumper systems and hood/ tailgate systems. You have the opportunity to tackle complex problems while working together with enthusiastic, talented, and creative engineers.
Your job will consist of;
- leading and supporting the engineering activities for small scale automotive development
- investigating concept feasibility
- performing design using CATIA v6
- conduct layout review
- create drawings and negotiation with owners of surrounding components/ modules
- search for new ways to increase overall efficiency
- utilize up-to-date technology and reduce design and parts cost
For this role it is important that you've obtained at least one of the competences stated below. Please shortly describe which of these competences you master or with which other competences you could contribute to Lightyear, preferably with an example/portfolio.
- Product development
- Lightweight design
- Mechanical simulations
Automotive CAD Engineer Job Requirements
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in CAD within the automotive industry or equivalent focussing on one of the modules mentioned in the description
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA) and Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Experience developing a product from concept to production
- Experience with 3D CAD software, Catia V6 is a plus
- Strong rational skills and a pragmatic attitude
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Availability for 40 hours a week
- Fluent in English (Dutch preferred)
What do we offer
- You are comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skill-sets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives. You desire to truly understand the goals and needs of your teammates.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously. You welcome the challenge of generating ideas and performing analysis based on inputs and requirements that are subject to change.
- Ability to make decisions, and effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines with general requirements and wide responsibility
- High level of autonomy
- A multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people
- A fast growing organization with lots of opportunities
- The ability to challenge the status quo and have a positive impact on a fast changing world
- 30 holidays
- Excellent travel expenses
- We are building towards the future every day, we started in 2016 and we're making big steps. We are also building and improving our conditions for our employees. For example we offer a very interesting option to invest in shares of Lightyear as an employee. We would like to discuss these possibilities in a personal conversation!
Automotive CAD Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Automotive CAD Engineer Summary
CAE / CAD / CAA
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||3D CAD, DFM, DFA, FMEA, CAD, Catia V6, automotive