Electric cars have the potential to benefit everyone tremendously. Not only do they provide a way to reduce emissions and thereby provide us with cleaner air in our cities, electric cars are an important part of the solution to mitigate climate change.
At Lightyear, we love electric cars and know they will prove a turning point in history. We started the Lightyear because we could not just be bystanders of the electric car revolution. We have a very strong drive to accelerate the introduction of electric cars around the globe.
Functional Safety Engineer/ Functional Safety Manager Job Description
As a functional safety engineer you will analyse and discuss the concept/systems/components of the car in order to write safety concepts. In cooperation these safety concepts are discussed with other internal and external safety experts to make optimum decisions which improve the safety of the car. You will be working across a lot of different systems and multidisciplinary. You will perform functional safety management activities according to relevant automotive standards during all phases. The ISO26262 functional safety standard is the base for the majority of the activities.
As a functional safety engineer you will focus on improving the safety of the car. This includes:
- Being the contact point for other engineers for safety related questions
- Collaborate with different stakeholders like our engineering team on functional safety
- Create functional safety awareness across departments
- Perform hazard analysis, DFMEA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis
- Performing analysis of safety of system concepts
- Derive concepts to enhance safety
- Develop safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO26262 and implement ISO 26262 for various systems
- Lead and coordinate creation of functional safety documentation according ISO26262 for projects
- Conduct reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycles
What do we offer
Next to getting the opportunity to have a massive, positive impact on the future of mobility within your role! You also get the chance to work for a company with a true and ambitious mission. So, sometimes Lightyear One comes along and you just have to jump on!
Furthermore we offer:
- High level of autonomy
- A multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people
- A fast growing organization with lots of opportunities
- 40 vacation days per year
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent travel expenses
- An interesting and well balanced pension plan that fits Lightyear and our mission
- An interesting share plan to really become part of Lightyear
- Time for informal get-togethers on Monday morning and Friday afternoon
- Attention for a good work & life balance
- We are building towards the future every day, we started in 2016 and we're making big steps. We are also building and improving our conditions for our employees.
Functional Safety Engineer/ Functional Safety Manager Job Requirements
- A Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Working experience of at least 2 years (fulltime) within Functional Safety.
- Experience in the application of safety standards ISO26262 and automotive safety analysis
- A teamplayer with the ability to work with tight deadlines in a multi-discipline, multi-project environment
- Desire to learn new skills and techniques
- Drive to define and continually improve process
- Familiar with automotive development and quality processes
- Project management skills
- Good communication skills, written and verbally, in English
- Knowledge of Dutch and German language is an advantage
- Availability for 40 hours a week
Functional Safety Engineer/ Functional Safety Manager Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Functional Safety Engineer/ Functional Safety Manager Summary
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive, Functional Safety, safety analysis