Formed in 2003, we have delivered recruitment excellence to Technology driven businesses for over 10 years. Our consultants have recruited for some of the largest and most recognised organisations in the world: Jaguar Cars, Ford Motor Co., Dyson, Hotpoint, MAN B&W, Alstom, Johnson Matthey, DHL, Astrium, .....to name but a few. Equally, we work extensively with SME's
Shift Production Team Leader (24 / 5 Mon-Fri) Job Description
The emphasis for the successful candidate is on excellent Team Leader/Supervisory Skills within a manufacturing environment. Applications are invited from production team leaders / managers who have worked in high volume, process driven environments (i.e. chemical, food, agro-chemical, automotive, pharmaceutical, refining, or similar).
The purpose of this role is to direct and support the shift team members to effectively meet departmental objectives. This role covers a full range of activities, including:
- Direct team members in the smooth running of the plant in order to meet and exceed production output targets as directed by Production Support/Managers.
- Efficiently organise, plan, prioritise and co-ordinate work tasks
- Lead team by example, demonstrating commitment and bringing about positive change.
- Responsibility for team member appraisals, mentoring, general training and development of the Team.
- Identify and implement improvement, cost saving and sustainable opportunities.
- Ensure Team compliance to Health & Safety. Housekeeping and plant hand over duties.
- Support LEAN implementation in the department
This is a challenging role; the successful applicant will be flexible, determined and self-motivated, with experience of shift work. Previous experience of sampling and operating chemical processes or similar will be advantageous but not necessary. A fork-lift licence will also be of great benefit.
Shift patterns: Will involve working 24/5 (Mon-Fri) 6-2 / 2-10 / 10-6. More details on request
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company.
- Salary: £35k - £40k pa + Bonus + Benefits
- Location: Hertfordshire, Enfield
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
Shift Production Team Leader (24 / 5 Mon-Fri) Job Requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience and knowledge of equipment and all process operations.
- Experience and knowledge of chemical plant operations, including EH&S, security and quality aspects.
- Ability to work under pressure and make independent decisions
- Excellent all round communication skills
- Good organisational ability
- Analytical approach to problem solving
Regular liaison with Supply Chain, Maintenance, Production Management and internal departments means good communication and people skills are essential. A Team Leading or Management Qualification would be an advantage, as would a technical qualification in a chemical engineering related discipline, (i.e. chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, etc). This role may also suit someone looking for their first leadership role (i.e. a recent graduate with industrial placement experience, Production Operator, etc).
Shift Production Team Leader (24 / 5 Mon-Fri) Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Shift Production Team Leader (24 / 5 Mon-Fri) Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years