ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
ASML - Technical Supplier Engineer for Electronics Development Job Description
As a Supplier Engineer in the Electronics Department you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment. The Supplier Engineer maintains and develops at an operational level the relation to the supplier with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between supplier and ASML. Using your personal skills, you will work closely together with the supplier & ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers.
The Supplier Engineer is the primary responsible to ensure parts quality from our suppliers. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking, political antenna and excellent people skills, you work closely with suppliers to build up an intimate knowledge of their IP and technological capabilities. The main responsibilities are:
Context of the position
- Early supplier involvement in the D&E project to secure that technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way.
- Ensure that not only parts quality, but also manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase.
- Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & ASML responsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier selection.
- Deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers in the ASML product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the design and/or specification of Complete & detailed parts qualification process
- Acceptance of qualified parts
- Process flow and Process failure mode effect analysis
- First article inspection
- Define and maintain supplier interface processes, such as:
- Issue resolution
- Qualification deviation
- Configuration management
- ASML factory disturbances
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits. The Supplier Engineer is part of the D&E project team and, therefore, interfaces with project leaders, design engineers, architects, manufacturing & customer support engineers, logistics, procurement, etc.
The Supplier Engineer reports to the Group leader of the Supply Chain Electronics group within the Mechatronics Hardware cluster. Interfaces with Suppliers, Project leads Development, Customer Support, Manufacturing, Engineers and Procurement. Frequent travelling to (global) suppliers is required.
ASML - Technical Supplier Engineer for Electronics Development Job Requirements
BSc or MSc in Electronics in the area of Electro-mechanics.
Broad (at least 8 years) experience in high tech development environment with a focus on supplier management, part quality and outsourcing.
- Pre would be an experienced designer or test developer who has gained experience in the areas of Quality systems and –methodologies
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt is a must as well as Engineering towards production processes.
The following personal skills are crucial to a successful execution:
- Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
- Strong networker with good negotiating and team building skills
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions.
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive.
- Flexible, result driven and committed.
- Team player
- Process oriented
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Be advised that this concerns a (long term) flex opportunity. All contracting (payroll) will be handled by ASML's preferred third party vendor, in accordance with ASML's remuneration package. Please take this into consideration when you apply for this vacancy.
- What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
- Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
- We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
- You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
- Applications sent by email can't be processed.
ASML - Technical Supplier Engineer for Electronics Development Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ASML - Technical Supplier Engineer for Electronics Development Summary
Electronics / Components
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Technical Supplier Engineer, process, Electronics, Electro, project, D&E
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Apply below to continue.Apply