Marposs was founded in 1952 by Mario Possati in Bologna / Italy.
The holding company is Marposs SpA which is based in Bentivoglio (Bologna).
MARPOSS GmbH of Germany was founded as the first foreign office of the Italian parent company at Frankfurt/Main in 1962. The economic success gave rise to both a rapid growth and to a quick human resource development.
As many automotive industries and machine tool manufacturers are resident in Baden-Württemberg, MARPOSS GmbH moved to the area of Stuttgart in 1975. In Fellbach near Stuttgart it developed from a sales and service office to a construction and production branch office for customized for gauge stations. In summer 2001, Marposs moved to its new building for administration and assembly at Weinstadt (near Stuttgart).
In Germany, sales and service assistance are provided by regional offices that are resident at Hannover, Chemnitz, Krefeld, Frankfurt, Weinstadt and Munich. The regional office Hannover covers also the Denmark. The regional office Krefeld serves customers in The Netherlands and in the Flemish part of Belgium and Luxembourg. Austria and Hungary are covered by the affiliated company MARPOSS Austria GmbH domiciled in Wiener Neudorf.
The business connections to customers in the Czech Republic are supported by the affiliated company in Prag that also covers the Slovakian market.
MARPOSS GmbH and its affiliated companies have approx. 225 employees.