Since SABIC’s founding in 1976 by a royal decree, it has exhibited a remarkable ability to do what others said could not be done.
Ranked among the world’s largest petrochemicals manufacturers, SABIC is a public company based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 70% of the company’s shares are owned by Saudi Aramco, with the remaining 30% publicly traded on the Saudi stock exchange. SABIC’s growth has been nothing short of miraculous. Today, the company has operations in around 50 countries with a global workforce of over 31,000 talented individuals.
To find out how SABIC was created, and how it achieved its current success, please see the Corporate Profile pages. Or, for an idea of our size and capacity, see the Facts and Figures page.
The Chairman of SABIC is Khalid Hashim Al-Dabbagh. Acting Chief Executive Officer, Abdulrahman Al-Fageeh, leads the global management team. The company is overseen by a Board of Directors.
SABIC operates through three Strategic Business Units – Petrochemicals, Agri-Nutrients and Specialties – and one standalone organization, Metals (Hadeed). They support customers by identifying and developing opportunities in key end markets such as construction, medical devices, packaging, agri-nutrients, electrical and electronics, transportation and clean energy.
SABIC’s principal corporate offices and headquarters are in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia with major industrial operations in the industrial city of Al-Jubail on the Arabian Gulf, as well as in Yanbu on the Red Sea.
SABIC’s global presence continues to grow rapidly. Our ambitious plans for expansion are matched by the development of an infrastructure of manufacturing plants, technology centers, distribution centers, offices and storage facilities worldwide. This enables us to respond efficiently to the needs of our customers in key markets around the world.
The company’s manufacturing, sales, technology and innovation facilities are located throughout the globe and are managed by four regional offices: the Middle East and Africa, Asia, the Americas and Europe. To find out more about our operations please see the worldwide section.
Because we are constantly looking to the future, we invest heavily in Technology and Innovation (T&I). Our T&I facilities are spread across the globe with hundreds of dedicated scientists contributing to the ongoing development of new patents and certifications.