At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Systems Engineer Job Description
As Systems Engineer, you will:
- Participate in projects from their definition to design, construction, integration and installation of complex mechanical, electro-mechanical or mechatronics system (Experimental Area Consolidation and High Luminosity LHC).
- Prepare engineering specifications and conceptual designs ensuring they satisfy the physics needs and requirements of the project, through communicating with and understanding input from physicists and other engineers.
- Use system engineering tools to organize and manage complex projects in a variety of sectors, for example simulation, documentation, graphical browsing or database management.
- Join technical committees involving physicists and engineers from different disciplines.
In addition, as Configuration Manager for the Experimental Area Complex, you will:
- Document the Product Breakdown Structures for all Experimental Areas and facilities under the responsibility of the EN-EA Group.
- Maintain and update these structures by obtaining information from the different stakeholders of the project (equipment owners, optics experts, surveyors, 3D integrators...).
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of the layout database for the Experimental Area Complex.
- Participate in regular installation meetings to collect information and request all the necessary Engineering Change Requests to update the product breakdown structure, the layout database and the 3D integration models.
Systems Engineer Job Requirements
Master's degree or PhD or equivalent relevant experience in the field of electro-mechanical or mechanical engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience with design and integration tools, including mechanical, thermo-dynamical and stress analysis and respective data analysis;
- Demonstrated success in the application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques and procedures on equipment design and construction;
- A track record in quality management: requirements engineering, verification, validation, test and inspection of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance;
- Experience in project management: planning and scheduling, costing and budgeting, project risk management, project progress monitoring;
- Experience in leading a team of engineers and/or technicians would be asset.
- Knowledge and application of manufacturing methods and work preparation;
- Production of 2D drawings and 3D models: use of CATIA or equivalent;
- Knowledge of non-ionization radiations hazards and protection;
- Mechanical analysis and modelling: use of ANSYS or equivalent;
- Knowledge of engineering and safety requirements in particle accelerators, underground installations and experimental areas would be an asset.
Systems Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Systems Engineer Summary
CAE / CAD / CAA
0 - 2 years
|| CAD, CATIA, ANSYS, 2D/3D drawings