The ECB is an official EU institution at the heart of the Eurosystem and the Single Supervisory Mechanism.
Over 2,500 staff from all over Europe work for the ECB in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. They perform a range of tasks in close cooperation with the national central banks within the Eurosystem and, for banking supervision, with the national supervisors within the Single Supervisory Mechanism.
ITIL process manager - 2018-144-EXT Job Description
You will be part of the Infrastructure and Operations Services Division (IOS) in the Directorate General Information Systems. The Division comprises around 80 IT professionals organised into four sections (Delivery Services, End User Services, Platform Services and Systems Services) and is responsible for providing high-quality, stable, resilient and secure IT infrastructure services for IT business application divisions and customers within the ECB and the European System of Central Banks (ESCB). In providing these services, the Division works extensively with managed services providers and underpins its work through well-designed operational processes.
You will be working in the Delivery Services Section, which is responsible (i) for ensuring the service delivery of some of the key managed services providers of the ECB and (ii) for the management of a number of ITIL-based processes, primarily in the areas of service design and service operations.
In your role as an ITIL process manager, you will be part of a team of seven members of staff responsible for designing and managing ITIL-based processes. You will contribute to ensuring the continuous improvement of these processes and their adaptation to the ECB’s changing needs as well as managing their day-to-day operation. You will work closely with IT project managers, IT service coordinators and managed services providers.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
We also encourage applications from candidates who are currently working, or have previously worked, as agency staff for the ECB’s IT department.
As an ITIL process manager you will:
- manage and improve one or more ITIL-based processes, including monitoring process performance via agreed key performance indicators (KPI), and report on a regular basis to the respective process owners;
- closely interact with the ECB’s external IT service providers to secure delivery in line with the agreed targets, to ensure interfaces are working smoothly and to collect and assess their requirements in relation to ECB processes and service management tools;
- provide advice and training to the relevant stakeholders responsible for projects, programmes, infrastructure and application portfolios on how to meet the requirements set out from a process viewpoint;
- represent your process(es) in internal and external audits;
- closely collaborate with other process managers to ensure smooth process interfaces and consistency across different processes;
- present the results of your work and matters within your area of responsibility and discuss them with your peers, at various management levels within the ECB and with external IT service providers.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to contribute to the delivery of stable IT services in a process-oriented environment and to interact with a broad range of IT colleagues from various areas. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
ITIL process manager - 2018-144-EXT Job Requirements
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a bachelor’s degree (or post-secondary vocational education plus four years of relevant experience, or eight years of relevant experience) in computer science, information systems administration or another relevant field;
- in addition, a minimum of two and ideally three or more years’ experience in the field of IT process management and/or IT service management;
- a solid general understanding of IT (e.g. infrastructure components and business applications) and experience with the support and operation or engineering of IT services;
- experience in developing or maintaining processes or IT service management tool documentation and/or in providing related training courses;
- an advanced command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
- practical experience with the Micro Focus (former HP) Service Manager and other products of the Micro Focus Service Management toolset (e.g. UCMDB, BSM) or with data analytics tools like Tableau;
- knowledge of the international standards ISO 19770, ISO 20000, ISO 27001 and ISO 55000;
- experience in dealing with compliance audits;
- experience in designing and managing ITIL processes, in particular in the areas of service design, service transition and service operation;
- relevant experience of working at the ECB.
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs.Working modalities
We are willing to discuss part-time arrangements.
ITIL process manager - 2018-144-EXT Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
ITIL process manager - 2018-144-EXT Summary
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years
||Frankfurt Am Main, Germany