Senior Software Engineer, Provisioning Team - Dublin Job Description
Etsy is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team and help build, operate and Automate the tools, services and infrastructure that directly impact the productivity of our engineering organization.
We are a distributed agile team across 2 continents, that is responsible for the provisioning and deployment of our infrastructure that Etsy engineers utilise every day in product development, deploying our platform to production. We are currently transforming our platform from own operated Cloud into Google public cloud, and work with our Systems Engineering teams to develop the necessary Infrastructure as Code and design and develop automation services for the platform as we evolve the platform to be cloud native.
We partner with engineers in identifying areas of improving the flow from code to production as we build the platform that connects millions of sellers and customers. Learn more about our engineering philosophies, tools, and some of the challenges we’ve been solving on our Engineering blog: https://codeascraft.com/
We’re looking for people who are excellent at working with others and are problem-solvers, craft software as your mantra for problem-solving, challenge the status-quo, and are passionate about software development. We value clear communication, honest feedback, and empathy for the users of our services.
This full-time role is located in Dublin, Ireland.
Learn more about life at ETSY : https://vimeo.com/147486052
About the Role
- We have just begun our migration journey from our own data centers to Google Cloud for our Etsy Platform
- We apply software engineering techniques to orchestrate, automate and provision our apps and services in the platform and build the missing pieces
- We are developing next generation automation to ensure our platform runs autonomously and continuously improving our DevOps tools
- We are the go-to team for Linux systems problem solving and how to build applications, tools and services within Kubernetes Ecosystem
- There will be a mix of work supporting the current infrastructure, building the new one (using Terraform, Jenkins and other services), while collaborating with other engineering teams in the Etsy Community such as Observability in the migration.
- All team members participate in an on-call rotation to continuously identify and automate our services for continuous improvement
Senior Software Engineer, Provisioning Team - Dublin Job Requirements
- You understand that being an effective software engineer is as much about communicating with people and understanding the problem to be solved as it is about writing code
- You are passionate about writing code (for example one or more of the following: Go, PHP, Ruby, Python, C - "we are not too picky!") and use code to contribute making the platform efficient
- You have experience building, deploying and operating apps/services within cloud infrastructures such as Google Cloud, AWS or similar
- You have in-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems and have experience of hypervisors and Linux containers
- You have developed and integrated applications and tools in the Kubernetes Ecosystem or in other container orchestration systems
- You have experience building APIs and adopting micro-service architecture in your design and build of applications and services
- You contribute to the work of other teams, sharing your knowledge and improving the code others have written
- You have the ability to engage and gain an appreciation of large scale systems and be the glue in Etsy full stack
- You love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Senior Software Engineer, Provisioning Team - Dublin Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Senior Software Engineer, Provisioning Team - Dublin Summary
Cloud computing / technology
5 - 10 Years
||etsy, dublin, senior, software, systems, engineering, cloud, data, engineer, automated, google, Monitoring, Metering, Logging, Alerting, ELK , nagios, bare-metal, Virtual Machines, Linux, Go, PHP, Ruby, Python, C, C+, PHP, cloud, api,
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next