Electric cars have the potential to benefit everyone tremendously. Not only do they provide a way to reduce emissions and thereby provide us with cleaner air in our cities, electric cars are an important part of the solution to mitigate climate change.
At Lightyear, we love electric cars and know they will prove a turning point in history. We started the Lightyear because we could not just be bystanders of the electric car revolution. We have a very strong drive to accelerate the introduction of electric cars around the globe.
Sr. Procurement Engineer Job Description
We are Lightyear, we envision a shift from traditional environment polluting vehicles to clean and affordable mobility. It is our mission to disrupt the electric car market by providing zero emission mobility for everyone, everywhere. Our first offering is a zero emission solar electric car: The Lightyear One. The Lightyear One is the answer to the shortcomings of today’s electric vehicles. It is a beautifully designed, unplugged, energy independent car powered by the sun.
Lightyear is looking for a (Sr.) Procurement Engineer. You will help create, build and manage relationships with suppliers, with a focus on automotive, all over the world. Also you will have an important role and impact on setting up the framework and way of work within the procurement team.
The Sr. Procurement Engineer will help create, built and manage relationships with suppliers, with a focus on automotive, all over the world. Also you will have an important role and impact on setting up the framework and way of work within the procurement team. You will be responsible for:
- contribute to setting up and maintaining the supplier selection and management processes
- the purchase of strategic goods for production of the Lightyear One
- in addition to purchasing activities focused on ongoing business, you are continuously working on the development of new business. Therefore you work closely with the engineering, project management and sales team.
- long-term strategy and contracts including: supplier selection, price negotiations, benchmarking, vendor rating, implementing price and cost reductions.
- advising management on make or buy decisions and analyze the Supply Chain on the basis of "Total Cost of Ownership"
- making sure that your market knowledge of the assigned commodities is up to date
- making sure that on a regular basis assigned commodities and geographical sourcing regions are being analyzed and benchmarked
- making sure that on a regular basis tender processes are started by using a tender document incl. decision matrix
- making sure that contracts are in place
- performing vendor ratings of the assigned commodities
- continued search for process improvement to reduce complexity and costs
Sr. Procurement Engineer Job Requirements
What do we offer
- Bachelor or Master Degree, NEVI is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in (international) Procurement
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills
- Self-starter with an pragmatic attitude
- Excellent team player with strong people skills
- Continuous drive for improvement and development within a dynamic and fast changing environment
- Strong relationship builder with the internal engineers but also with external suppliers
- High level of perseverance
- Willingness to travel to suppliers occasionally
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch (German is a big plus)
- High level of autonomy
- A multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people
- A fast growing organization with lots of opportunities
- The ability to challenge the status quo and have a positive impact on a fast changing world
- 30 holidays
- Excellent travel expenses
- We are building towards the future every day, we started in 2016 and we're making big steps. We are also building and improving our conditions for our employees. For example we offer a very interesting option to invest in shares of Lightyear as an employee. We would like to discuss these possibilities in a personal conversation!
Sr. Procurement Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Sr. Procurement Engineer Summary
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years
||team player, NEVI, supplier, procurement