TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts and accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
The Production Parts Logistics Division is responsible for monthly logistics network planning, high quality, safe operations, monthly network design in Just In time philosophy.
Job scope is collection of 600+ European suppliers parts and deliver to each of the 4 Vehicle Plants (in UK, France, Czech & Turkey), 3 Unit Plants (UK and Poland) and Other Regions (Japan, South Africa, Russia, etc) considering best supply chain solutions.
Toyota Production System (TPS) considers Logistics as the core of the supply chain to achieve Just-In-Time. The division is split into different Regional Teams for Logistics (UK, Turkey, West and Mid Europe) and Export.
The total Logistics Budget is in excess of €120m and manages >60,000m³/Day. The Export Team is responsible for more than €300m per annum of Parts Supply, managing the Supply Chain from Parts Ordering to Arrival at the Customer Plant.
As part of our team you will be tasked to create timelines by utilizing Toyota Logistics Management System to support European manufacturing company's production and follow daily operation to secure car production with minimum cost, maximum quality and in a safe environment. You will also be tasked identifying and implementing ways to kaizen our supply chain focused on Quality, Cost or Delivery Improvement.
To achieve this will need to:
* Learn and professionally use Toyota Logistics Planning system
* Learn and fully understand Toyota's Logistics network and specific operation standards to ensure application through the logistics network you are responsible for.
* Acquire a deep understanding of Just-in-Time (JIT).
* Define strategies to achieve Toyota main Logistics Pillars, Even Pitch, minimum lead time, max efficiency and flexibility.
* Consense the improvement ideas with the key stakeholders.
* Implement the kaizen and confirm the achievement of target
* You have a Bachelor / Master / University degree with Logistics / Supply Chain / Economics or Business Management background
* You have affinity with automotive and are passionate about quality
* As a Graduate you have max. 18 months of work experience
* You are very highly numeric, with strong logical and analytical skills (Excel & Access).
* As a self-starter you demonstrate proactiveness and ownership in projects
* You have the ability to develop creative ways for operational and cost improvement and generate new ideas with deep analysis
* You are a pragmatic problem solver, result driven
* You have a driving license
* You are Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
* wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
* seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
* have strong planning and organizing skills
* enjoy working in a team, respecting others
* have excellent communication skills
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
0 - 2 years
|Job Location:||Evere, Brussels, Belgium|