TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts and accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction
Graduate Brake Engineer Chassis Design Job Description
TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Chassis Engineering Division's responsibility is:
- Development of Chassis parts (Brake, Steering, Suspension, Tyre, Shift, Pedals, …) to achieve the highest driving performance and quality at the competitive price.
- Local development of Chassis parts for vehicles built in Toyota's European assembly plants. This activity is done in close cooperation with local suppliers and Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan.
- Investigation of new European technologies. We are inspired by the Toyota Way precepts and we challenge to provide final customers with best quality products with the continuous improvement mindset.
The main expectation from a candidate in this area is to successfully complete Brake system and parts development. Below are examples of typical responsibilities:
- Brake system and parts design to achieve target performance
- Reflect brake evaluation result into brake system design
- Coordinate development activities with brake evaluation team
- Lead development with related divisions in Toyota (e.g. R&D, quality, plant, purchasing)
- Cooperate with suppliers to complete development tasks
- Pursue cost reduction activities with suppliers and purchasing support
- Scout, evaluate and propose new technologies of brake system and parts
- Proactive benchmarking activities for brake system performance
- Review brake performance seeking further improvement for end customer
Graduate Brake Engineer Chassis Design Job Requirements
Education Level required:
Master in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering
The ideal candidate is a career starter (less than 18 months of experience excluding internships) with some relevant experience in the design & development of complex mechanical parts. Preferably this experience is in the development of brake parts acquired by Internships or study projects, or during first working experience.
Behavioural Skills / Key Competencies
- Knowledge of the general vehicle design
- Knowledge and experience with FMEA is an asset
- Analytical approach and Problem-solving
- Cost and quality conscious mind
- Good knowledge of office IT tools
Other Skills (Languages, IT,…)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Pro-active and persistent
- Self confident
- Proceed job with own initiative
- Motivated to learn Toyota Production System and development way
- At ease with Japanese culture and respectful of cultural differences
- Fluent in English (Japanese is an asset)
- Experience with CATIA v5 and FEM analysis are an asset
- Experience with Matlab is an asset
- Willing to travel up to 20% of time
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- Have strong planning and organization skills
- Enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- Have a creative mind and passion for cars
- Have excellent communication skills
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Graduate Brake Engineer Chassis Design Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Graduate Brake Engineer Chassis Design Summary
0 - 2 years
||Vlaanderen, , Belgium
||FMEA, Analytical approach, problem-solving, IT, teamplayer, toyota, production systems, development, CARIA v5, FEM, Matlab