Naurex brings an additional and valuable competence to companies whose priority is the most effective and efficient execution of their projects. Specialists in technical assistance, providing the qualified personnel essential to your business to ensure your projects run smoothly and are successfully completed. Naurex is able to draw on its experience over the last 20 years in its bid to satisfy the highest technical requirements of its clients anywhere in the world.
Mechanical Design Engineer Job Description
- Utilize discipline knowledge and design experience related to mechanical, electrical and instrumentation assemblies for swivels, bearings, and mooring components.
- As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you are responsible for performing functional assessments, technical calculations, drawing checks. You serve as a Package Engineer to ensure designed and installed equipment is in compliance with international codes, company specifications, and industry standards and regulations. The Mechanical Design Engineer collaborates with the engineering team and external parties to deliver a safe, operable, functional and efficient design that meets the project requirements.
- As the Engineering software & tools expert, you are responsible for developing and maintaining the mechanical calculation and simulation tools used by the discipline. You ensure that validated tools are available and used adequately on project providing direct support when required.
RESPONSIBILITIES (%3D) AND MAIN TASKS (+)
- Use technical expertise in the planning, designing, and engineering of mechanical components
- Develop safe and quality solutions across disciplines in support of project requirements with minimal guidance.
- Ensure technical support to projects is provided as needed at proposals, project execution and operation phase
- Act as the recognized engineering tools and software expert within the Discipline.
- Develop and maintain mechanical calculation software and tools in order to optimize their use on project and minimize execution cost
- Attend key design review with engineering and perform technical assurance when required
- Support Supply Chain department by assisting them in supplier selection & validation process
- Prepare engineering subcontracting plan for the discipline
- Coordinate and supervise work performed by the engineering subcontractor
- Perform Technical Audit
- Perform technical visit at supplier's workshops, shipyards and offshore installations
Follow all applicable and relevant legislations, standards and codes and ensure awareness of their latest revision.
- Prepare, check and/or review internal drawings, specifications and calculation notes.
- Perform technical evaluation of bids and technical proposal submitted by contractors and suppliers.
- Prepare formal responses to detailed comments from Clients and Classification Societies on drawings, specifications and calculation notes.
- Act as Discipline Lead during project execution or as Engineering Project Manager for Engineering Studies when required.
- Maintain list of validated software and tools used by the discipline
- Establish development and maintenance plan (budget & timing) for the engineering software and tools
- Create, modify and customize tools and software to enhance quality and productivity
- Support others
- Attend and contribute to internal Company/department/project meetings when required.
- Work closely with R&D Department
- Attend training courses, seminars etc. when required.
- Ensure that lessons learned are captured at the end of project, and fed back to the relevant parties and especially to mechanical design team
Mechanical Design Engineer Job Requirements
- Education: BSc. or MSc (Preferred) in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of industry experience, familiar with major technical aspects of Mechanical design and analysis.
Specific competencies (-):
- Ability to read, review and interpret manufacturing and mechanical designs, drawings and schematics
- Ability to accurately produce manufacturing designs, drawings, schematics and other engineering documentation
- Strong Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Good knowledge of programming tool with ability to customize or develop calculation tools
- Excellent math and algebra skills required for engineering calculations
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks, request information as needed and prioritize own work to ensure timely completion of all tasks
- Ability to coach / support others
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to use a computer for accessing and sending e-mail, opening and revising documents, ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Competency in using 3D CAD software
Mechanical Design Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Mechanical Design Engineer Summary
Micro / Nano Technology
CAE / CAD / CAA
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||3D CAD, FEA, Mechanical, Mechanical Engineer, Design, Mechanical Design Engineer, Package Engineer, Supply Chain
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next