ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Senior Computer Systems Architect
Is solving complex software hardware engineering problems your passion? Does working in a multicultural environment make you spin? Does contributing to the worlds most advanced lithography machines make you feel proud? Then this might be the right opportunity for you.
To define and manage requirements and high level design for operating systems running on the scanner control host PC including software installation, upgrades and network infrastructure of the scanner control host PC. To set the technical direction and to define and maintain the long term operating systems roadmap.
The Linux Systems Architect participates in the definition and management of technical and function requirements for the operating system on the scanner control PC including the network infrastructure. The day to day activities include:
- Create and maintain long term technology roadmap for operating systems in ASML.
- Keep abreast of new technologies in the market.
- Manage cross-functional relationships with stakeholders, engineers and technical partners.
- Create and define high level work packages including estimates.
- Create and maintain requirements and design documentation.
- Participate in document reviews of requirements, design and test documentation and produced by software and test engineers.
- Participate in root cause analyses of issues found in the field or at integration test systems.
- Guide and coach junior engineers to achieve their maximum potential.
- Support and interact with external suppliers to obtain high quality solutions for ASML.
- Work in an scrum team as part of an Agile environment.
Education & experience
You have finished at least a master degree in Computer Science, Electronics or other related fields.
We have a preference for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Extended knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Experience with PC hardware.
- Experience in writing documentation.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- 7+ years software development experience.
- 3+ years Computer Systems Architecture experience
We are looking for pragmatic and enthusiastic software professionals with good communication
skills. You have a high standard with regards to delivering quality solutions.
You are a true self-starter, take initiative, self-learning and you enjoy achieving results.
Context of the position
We configure and integrate Linux on servers in the TWINSCAN product. This includes tools for installing and configuring Linux, time synchronization, hard disk storage, backup, restore and cloning of disks. Main languages used are Python and Linux shell scripts.
Within the computer systems platform we have a test and integration team that integrates the work of all developers into a Linux distribution. This distribution is qualified and delivered to the software release. To do this the team works with ClearCase and the ASML software version control system.
An automated Jenkins test server automatically executes all repetitive tasks in the integration and test sequence.
Since ASML has a diverse and international population, the English language is used in all formal documentation and communications.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years
|Job Location:||Veldhoven, Netherlands|
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next