ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Linux Systems Engineer
To create and improve the Linux operating system controlling the scanner control host PC including tools and Python scripts for software installation, software upgrades, backup and restore and performance measures.
The Linux System Engineer participates in a scrum team that is taking care of Linux operating system.
The day to day activities include:
- Create, customize, configure and test Linux Red Hat and WindRiver distributions.
- Create, improve and test upgrade and installation scripts.
- RedHat Virtualization, ansible and kickstart.
- Create custom RPM packages for automatic installations on our TWINSCAN systems.
- Analyze and solve defects.
- Develop automatic test scripts in Python using Robotframework.
- Test the automatic test scripts on target hardware, representing parts of the TWINSCAN product.
- Support software engineers in analyzing root causes of operating system related failures.
- Document and maintain test specifications and test reports.
- Work in an scrum team as part of an Agile environment.
Education & experience
You have finished at least a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electronics or other related
We have a preference for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Extended knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Experience in configuring, using and debugging network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN, NTP and NFS.
- Experience in developing scripts in Python.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Experience in working with configuration management systems (e.g. GIT).
- Nice to have is WindRiver Linux experience
We are looking for pragmatic and enthusiastic Linux professionals with good communication skills.
You have a high standard with regards to delivering quality solutions.
You area true self-starter, take initiative, self-learning and you enjoy achieving results.
Context of the position
We configure and integrate Linux on servers in the TWINSCAN product. This includes tools for installing and configuring Linux, time synchronization, hard disk storage, backup, restore and cloning of disks. Main languages used are Python and Linux shell scripts.
Within the computer systems platform we have a test and integration team that integrates the work of all developers into a Linux distribution. This distribution is qualified and delivered to the software release. To do this the team works with ClearCase and the ASML software version control system. An automated Jenkins test server automatically executes all repetitive tasks in the integration and test sequence. Since ASML has a diverse and international population, the English language is used in all formal documentation and communications.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Veldhoven, Netherlands|