ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life.
To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Optical Fabrication Supervisor/Group Lead (1st Shift) Job Description
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ and San Jose, CA.
Effectively lead a team of 5-15 people in a given area, department, and/or process. Recognize potential improvements to existing products and processes, and guide the implementation of new products and processes. Ensure quality and standardization while contributing to improvements in effectivity and efficiency.
With minimal supervision, effectively lead a team of opticians/technicians in the fabrication of precision optics and/or the application of optical coatings, that ensures the Department and Product Family Key Performance Indicators are met. These include but are not limited to Labor Hours performance, Cycle Time performance, On-Time Delivery performance, 5s performance, and effective cross-train planning and execution.
- Act as coach, mentor, and leader of a talented team of opticians.
- Ensure that team/department goals are congruent with Company objectives.
- Develop and maintain strategies that assure the achievement of internal and external customer requirements.
- Be responsible for all administrative duties of the department, including time and attendance record-keeping and performance/merit reviews.
- Anticipate resource requirements and re-allocate/request accordingly in order to meet department goals.
- Be able to create/maintain work schedules and establish work priorities.
- Identify key areas of improvement within the department/group and implement accordingly.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Be able to work effectively with peers such that goals are met and continuity of production is assured.
- Administer and enforce company policies and procedures in a direct and consistent manner.
- Work with Human Resources on disciplinary issues and hiring decisions; participate in candidate interviews.
- Display innovative problem resolution and develop/encourage new ideas and methods.
- Develop competencies within the department that focus on technical skills, continuous improvement, teambuilding, and cross-training.
- Leading by example, encourage personal motivation in an effort to achieve world class quality and performance.
Optical Fabrication Supervisor/Group Lead (1st Shift) Job Requirements
4 Year Business or Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven (5+ years) supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong business operation acumen
- Prior optical fabrication and coating experience preferred.
- Strong LEAN manufacturing and Continuous Improvement experience in Mfg environment.
- Computer literate-knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Familiar with ISO9001 and ISO14001
Context of the position
- Strong analytical skills – capable of translating requirements into an executable schedule.
- Strong problem solving skills – be able to identify and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one and in small groups to operators, management and engineers.
- Strong interpersonal, coaching, and teambuilding skills.
- May be exposed to moving mechanical parts, solvents and tooling.
- May also be exposed to laser energy and magnetic fields.
- Production areas are maintained at 70 to 75 degrees and 35-50% RH.
- The noise level in the manufacturing areas is usually moderate.
- Occasional travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
-The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
-The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
-May require travel dependent on company needs.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Can work under deadlines.
-The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
-Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
-Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
-Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Optical Fabrication Supervisor/Group Lead (1st Shift) Application Information
Optical Fabrication Supervisor/Group Lead (1st Shift) Summary
5 - 10 Years
||Wilton - CT, United States
||LEAN manufacturing, optical, optics, Mfg , ISO9001, ISO14001, semiconductor, physics, engineer, management, microchips
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next