ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life. To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Working at ASML
We provide the world’s top chipmakers everything they need to create better performing, cheaper semiconductor chips. Simply put: we are an industry leader supporting industry leaders.
As such, you’ll be encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You’ll have the freedom, trust, and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges. Things are rarely dull when you’re constantly breaking new ground.
But despite our fast-paced environment at the forefront of tech, we take your work-life balance and wellbeing seriously. A business is only as good as its employees.
So join us, and you’ll be a part of a global collaboration. One that promotes creativity, the inclusion of highly diverse teams, and an exciting and dynamic work environment. Join us, and you’ll be a part of progress.
Is solving complex engineering problems in a multi-disciplinary team-effort your passion? Does
working in a multi-cultural and international environment makes you spin? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? If all this sounds like music to your ears, these Metrology Designer positions might be the right opportunity for you.
Metrology orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. It is the brain of ASML lithography systems. To ensure ever shrinking of the integrated circuits printed by ASML machines, we need people who can help us build next-generation metrology products.
This is why we are looking for Metrology engineers who are experts in requirements engineering and challenged by translating functional requirements into lean functional designs. We need highly motivated new colleagues who combine strong analytical reasoning and conceptual understanding with excellent communication skills.
Your main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Participate in the definition of system level specification of different functions, like functionality, algorithms, performance and reliability.
- Troubleshoot on issues within our factory or at customer sites.Investigate failure modes of the system and figure out the containment that will buy time to find the root cause of a problem.
- Perform feasibility studies into required improvements, by means of experiments, simulation and analysis of existing (customer) data.
- Enable the realization of new functionality by interacting with specialist software designers in the project team.
Integrate and test the function against the specification.
A Master’s degree or PhD in Physics, Applied Mathematics or other Engineering (such as Electrical or Mechanical).
- Experience with functional specification and integration.
- Experience with data analysis and modeling (preferably with Matlab or Python).
- Experience designing algorithms and functional models. Able to break down a large problem into manageable components.
- Knowledge about the software development process.
- Experience with the Agile way of working.
- Experience with model-driven engineering or modeling.
- Team worker and excellent communicator
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
- Solution minded and able to see and develop the bigger picture.
- Decisive and self-initiating
- Result focused and a “can do” spirit
- Ability to influence withoutpower.
Context of the position
These positions are available within Functional Metrology Groups ( Grid &SPM, Image Alignment, Image Quality, Leveling, Wafer alignment)
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Veldhoven, Netherlands|
|Keywords:||functionality, algorithms, performance, reliability, metrology, engineer, research, ASML, semiconductor, Netherlands, Veldhoven, physics, optics, mathematic, matlab, python|
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next