ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life. To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Working at ASML
We provide the world’s top chipmakers everything they need to create better performing, cheaper semiconductor chips. Simply put: we are an industry leader supporting industry leaders.
As such, you’ll be encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You’ll have the freedom, trust, and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges. Things are rarely dull when you’re constantly breaking new ground.
But despite our fast-paced environment at the forefront of tech, we take your work-life balance and wellbeing seriously. A business is only as good as its employees.
So join us, and you’ll be a part of a global collaboration. One that promotes creativity, the inclusion of highly diverse teams, and an exciting and dynamic work environment. Join us, and you’ll be a part of progress.
We are looking for a Technical leader with seniority and high impact on strategic architectural decisions. Can you design the future of ASML in the area of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) within the Manufacturing IT team? Are you an expert in the area of PLM in a manufacturing environment?
You will ensure that the correct IT solutions are chosen, in line with business and IT roadmaps.
As an IT Solution Architect you are responsible for designing the architecture of future IT Solutions.
This starts with an IT roadmap in the area of PLM/PDM, till the translation of business demands into concrete, state-of-the-art IT solutions for running projects. You align with colleague IT Architects and Business Architects to ensure a balanced architecture cross process and cross applications.
You are responsible for the IT architecture of the applications in scope, mainly SAP. Understanding and advocating the principles of business and IT, and more specifically enterprise architecture, strategies are part of your role.
As Solution Architect you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Analyze the as-is architecture landscape to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement;
- "Sell" the enterprise architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results;
- Design and lead the implementation of applications based on the guidance of the target architecture and the subsequent Project Start Architectures;
- Oversee and facilitate the evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations;
- You challenge the business requirements & processes in order to realize a fit in standard IT solutions instead of custom build solutions; Content wise your working area will be mainly PLM within the manufacturing and logistics domains.
Focus areas will be:
- Master data structures and processes in the ERP and ME systems.
- Integration and alignment between the various PLM systems; This position contains international travelling to our other factories in US and Taiwan for short periods if needed. This will be 4-5 times per year for 1-4 weeks per case and highly dependent on the project type.
- Master's degree in Information Technology or Business Administration with proven experience in complex PLM processes;
- Certified in Archimate & TOGAF as standard to document the IT Architecture.
- At least 10 years’ experience as an Architect with PLM processes in a discrete manufacturing industry:
- Discrete industry (Complex products, low volumes)
- Manufacturing process in general – Specific: PLM system knowledge
- Experience with specifying an IT roadmap;
- Ability to translate a Functional Design into a Technical Design;
- At least 10 years’ experience with IT systems supporting PLM processes (especially SAP)
- High level of steering based on know-how;
- Able to explain complex matters in a simple and understandable way;
- Displays intellectual integrity;
- Is motivated by long-term results;
- Understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to navigate the political waters;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to create and maintain a large trusted network on all levels of the matrix organization;
- Fluent in Dutch and English language.
Context of the position
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and (automation and optimization of) key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A sub-department within the IT organization is the IT Competence Center Supply Chain Management & Manufacturing. This Competence Center is responsible for providing the right IT systems for the core business processes of Operations (Manufacturing, Logistics, Central Planning, Sourcing, Quality & Process Improvements and Facility Management).
Customers of this department are internal customers, whose goal is to provide world class systems and services for all major chip makers around the world, and who therefore need the best tools available.
To remain successful we need to look beyond technology and explore our ways of working, our working environment and our relationship to the outside world. We definitely love our position as a Technology Leader but we also want to be a Leading Employer.
Great effort is put into this and we are streamlining our people strategy behind one common ambition – of making ASML the best place to work. The best people make ASML what it is today. To attract and retain the best people, we have an extremely comprehensive, competitive employment conditions package.
Starting as an Architect we will offer you (based on a full-time position):
- Competitive salary;
- A 40-hour workweek, you determine when you start and finish (between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM);
- A minimum of 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- Commuting allowance;
- Above-average opportunities for training and study;
- 13th month and 8% holiday allowance;
- Excellent pension scheme;
- Attractive profit-sharing scheme (2017: 18%);
- Employer contribution of 50% to the optional health insurance plan;
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
10 - 15 years
> 15 years
|Job Location:||Veldhoven, Netherlands|
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next
Deadline: 3rd August 2023
Job reference (ID): 15088