ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life. To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Working at ASML
We provide the world’s top chipmakers everything they need to create better performing, cheaper semiconductor chips. Simply put: we are an industry leader supporting industry leaders.
As such, you’ll be encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You’ll have the freedom, trust, and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges. Things are rarely dull when you’re constantly breaking new ground.
But despite our fast-paced environment at the forefront of tech, we take your work-life balance and wellbeing seriously. A business is only as good as its employees.
So join us, and you’ll be a part of a global collaboration. One that promotes creativity, the inclusion of highly diverse teams, and an exciting and dynamic work environment. Join us, and you’ll be a part of progress.
Mechatronics & Ceramics Engineer Job Description
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ and San Jose, CA.
ASML in Wilton CT (US) is seeking a Mechatronics and Ceramics expert to drive tasks and support the technical design and development of the EUV Reticle Stage and Reticle Clamp (NXE and EXE product family). This person will report into the Reticle Positioning Group. The Reticle Positioning Group is a department within the Wilton Development and Engineering organization.
This person will report to the Manager of the Reticle Positioning Group. The job requires a strong and accomplished technical leader to:
- Develop and own the expertise in extreme-precision ceramic structures manufacturing, repair, analysis, handling and behavior.
- Develop and own the expertise in the development of high-precision, high-complexity tools, procedure and processes for diagnosing, repairing and testing ceramic assemblies
- Technically contribute and participate to decisions made by multi-disciplinary teams in order to meet all reticle clamp-module and system level requirements
- Interface and negotiate with functional architects and functional teams to derive requirements for developing new tools and procedures for recovering and/or enhancing performance of the RS short stroke and for developing test and/or qualification setups.
- Own and drive the development and qualification of the tools, procedures and test setups according to the requirements. Own and drive all aspects of the development including mechanical, electrical, sensing and measurement, software, documentation, etc.
- Become the expert on the execution of the developed procedure and/or use of the tools and tests. Travel to customer sites to execute as needed.
- Perform the procedures first hand on hardware in the factory or at customer sites. Lead and run the tests according to the test plan and own the quality of the data obtained.
- Own, lead and coordinate all the details of the preparation and execution for the operations requiring the expertise in the field and factory.
- Own the knowledge transfer to field and factory personnel on the use of the process and/or tools.
- Write performance specification documents (EPS / EDS) for the processes, tools and testers to be developed.
- Understand and be able communicate the implication of reticle clamp module level errors on system / customer level performance (Overlay, Throughput, Imaging, Focus, Availability, etc.)
- Clearly communicate technical performance in both written and verbal presentations to stakeholders
- Be the first point of contact for all reticle stage short stroke and clamp module test setup activities, repair and refresh activities.
- Take responsibility for development and execution results: on time delivery to specified performance at the right quality;
- Own and solve AIR issues for reticle clamp module
- Support solving internal and external customers escalations
- Organize small technical teams, delegate and coordinate the work required to develop solutions to highly complex module and system level issuesSome travel ( ~ 20%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected.
Mechatronics & Ceramics Engineer Job Requirements
Minimum BS in Engineering, preferably Mechanical / Optical / Electrical / Physics or equivalent experience.
Two to four years of industry experience in development of complex high-tech systems.
Context of the position
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics – demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time;
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills – ability to communicate effectively to your team and to stakeholders anywhere in the world;
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills;
- Have direct experience in one or more technical fields: ceramics, optical components manufacturing, mechanics, electronics, high voltage electrostatics, physics. Experience designing and handling high precision ceramics assemblies and electrostatic clamping systems is a plus;
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups (including senior leadership), and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through, and keep multiple simultaneous projects on schedule and with the right quality;
- Possess a creative mind in order to find solutions to meet product specifications which at first glance appear impossible to meet – proven track record of designing technically challenging mechatronic systems a plus
- Have strong problem solving skills in order to debug highly complex technical issues;
- Show extreme flexibility in order to solve a wide range of complex issues with priorities which may change hour to hour
- Have a broad technical knowledge base and be able to learn additional skills as required
- Be willing to be “wrong” at times and be open to the ideas of others
- Be willing to travel with short notice, also internationally, to perform highly critical and time sensitive operations on systems in the field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Mechatronics & Ceramics Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Mechatronics & Ceramics Engineer Summary
Electronics / Components
2 - 5 years
||Wilton - CT, United States
||Engineering, Mechanical, Optical, Electrical, Physics,
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next