ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life. To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Working at ASML
We provide the world’s top chipmakers everything they need to create better performing, cheaper semiconductor chips. Simply put: we are an industry leader supporting industry leaders.
As such, you’ll be encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You’ll have the freedom, trust, and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges. Things are rarely dull when you’re constantly breaking new ground.
But despite our fast-paced environment at the forefront of tech, we take your work-life balance and wellbeing seriously. A business is only as good as its employees.
So join us, and you’ll be a part of a global collaboration. One that promotes creativity, the inclusion of highly diverse teams, and an exciting and dynamic work environment. Join us, and you’ll be a part of progress.
Mechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging Job Description
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ and San Jose, CA.
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. As a Mechanical Engineer- Electronics Packaging specialist, you will be responsible for developing portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling related to the electronics infrastructure.The position requires highly motivated, extremely organized and self-driven individuals.As a Mechanical Engineer- Electronics Packaging Specialist you will:
- Perform mechanical design and development associated with packaging electronic circuits including, assembly design, analysis, test, and manufacturing introduction support for both new and existing electronics design projects
- Understand and mitigate possible failure mechanisms associated with materials, interconnects, and environmental loads to develop a reliable design
- Communicate with a team of multi-disciplined engineers (Systems , Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, New Product Logistics, and Product Information Management) for design and logistic release approval
- Investigate and edit product structures, generate CAD models, 2D/3D drawings and be responsible for the final technical data package
- Create, edit, review, and drive Engineering Changes to closure
- Self-Checking and Peer-Checking department designs and change notifications
Mechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging Job Requirements
Experience & Education
- 5 to 10 years of Mechanical design & logistics
- BS Engineering with a major in any of the following:
- Mechanical Engineering (with Electronics Packaging Experience preferred)
- Industrial Engineering (taken under advisement based on work experience)
Context of the position
- Ability to design and document all aspects of the electrical infrastructure including:
- AC, DC, Main power distribution (panel boards, boxes and cabinets)
- Interconnect cables, bundles and connectors (harnessing)
- Electronic racks, cabinets, control consoles
- Interfacing with printed circuit board designs
- Modeling of flex and rigid PWB’s including volumes and critical part locations
- Experience designing electronic enclosure assemblies
- Experience in sheet metal design
- Experience designing for manufacturability (DFM) and developing assembly work instructions for low to medium volume products
- Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization (preferred experience using NX)
- Experience supporting design fit check during integration & testing of electrical & electronic systems at the module, sub-system & system level
- Knowledgeable of industry codes and standards ( i.e. NEC 70, NFPA 79, Machine Tool Standards)
- Knowledge of FEA is a plus
- Working knowledge of wiring diagrams and schematic diagrams
- Working knowledge of design drafting best practices including geometric dimensioning
- Perform dimensional and tolerance analysis as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to write assembly, test procedures, test specifications and test reportsSOFTWARE:
- 3D CAD-NX preferred (currently using NX11), other 3D CAD programs acceptable
- DMS-TeamCenter preferred (currently using TC10), other DMS programs acceptable
- Master Data-SAP, other Master Data Management systems acceptable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Mechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Mechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging Summary
Electronics / Components
5 - 10 Years
||Wilton - CT, United States
||Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electronics, Packaging, AC, DC, panel boards, boxes and cabinets, Interconnect cables, Electronics racks, PWB, DFM, Manufacturability, 3D, FEA, CAD, DMS, TC10,
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next