Electric cars have the potential to benefit everyone tremendously. Not only do they provide a way to reduce emissions and thereby provide us with cleaner air in our cities, electric cars are an important part of the solution to mitigate climate change.
At Lightyear, we love electric cars and know they will prove a turning point in history. We started the Lightyear because we could not just be bystanders of the electric car revolution. We have a very strong drive to accelerate the introduction of electric cars around the globe.
Sr. Engineer Body in White (BIW) Job Description
Impact the future! We are Lightyear, we envision a shift from traditional environment polluting vehicles to clean and affordable mobility. It is our mission to disrupt the electric car market by providing zero emission mobility for everyone, everywhere. Our first step towards this goal: The Lightyear One.
- Do you have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent?
- Do you have at least 5 years experience in engineering BIW components?
- Have you mastered English fluently in word and writing?
- Do you love to share knowledge and provide tips & tricks to young high potential engineers?
Then join us and make a lasting impact on the future of mobility!
We are searching for experienced engineers that can contribute to impacting the future by sharing your knowledge on Body in White components. Being part of a multidisciplinary engineering team you will make design choices and will be responsible for Body in White. We are searching for candidates with experience within this domain. You have the opportunity to tackle complex problems while working together with enthusiastic, talented, and creative engineers.
Sr. Engineer Body in White (BIW) Job Requirements
- Create and develop lightweight and smart Body in White (BIW) components to achieve top of the bill vehicle systems, Noise Vibration Harshness (NVH) and crash performance
- Develop design concepts and production designs in CATIA V6
- Establish system architecture and functional feasibility
- Material and process selection to achieve the best weight, cost and sustainable solution
- Analyse CAE simulation results, provide design recommendations and integrate the feedback into product design via itterations
- Optimize the concepts and designs with analytical and physical assessments ensuring conformation to the correct regulations
- Make sure that an outstanding product is delivered that is smart and easy to assemble
- Support creation of component specification, component Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R), and other technical design documents
- Participate in sourcing process and release parts for production in the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system
- Knowledge of multi material bonding
- Interface with suppliers for manufacturing feasibility, validation, and other engineering activities
- Create (with component/ system supplier) component and sub-system design verification plans and test methods
- Complete component and system validation as required ensuring system targets are met and optimized
- Lead launch phase of production designs at our production facility, issue resolution with support of manufacturing and quality teams
- Bachelor or Master degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or in a similar field
- 5+ years product design/release/launch experience with an automotive OEM directly or with a supplier is a MUST
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA) and Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with tight timing constraints and set milestones.
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes and lightweight, recyclable, and sustainable materials and extensive experience with different materials and bonding requirements
- Ability to work independently in a complex and fast moving environment with a highly dynamic character
- Strong teamwork skills but also demonstrated leadership abilities in resolving complex issues regarding Body in White
- Demonstrated ability to work with interfacing component engineers, suppliers and partners
- Experience developing a product from concept to production
- Highly evolved written and oral communication skills
- Extensive knowledge on CATIA V5 and/ or V6
- Availability for 40 hours a week
You are comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skill-sets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives. You desire to truly understand the goals and needs of your teammates and help them reach these goals.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously. You welcome the challenge of generating ideas and performing analysis based on inputs and requirements that are subject to change.
Ability to make decisions, and effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines with general requirements and wide responsibilityWhat do we offer
- High level of autonomy
- A multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people
- A fast growing organization with lots of opportunities
- The ability to challenge the status quo and have a positive impact on a fast changing world
- 30 holidays
- Excellent travel expenses
- Interesting share plan to really become part of Lightyear
- Time for informal get-togethers on Monday morning and Friday afternoon
- Attention for a good work & life balance
- We are building towards the future every day, we started in 2016 and we're making big steps. We are also building and improving our conditions for our employees.
Sr. Engineer Body in White (BIW) Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Sr. Engineer Body in White (BIW) Summary
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
||CATIA V5, V6, FMEA, DFM, DFA, GD&T, recyclable, sustainable, dynamic, OEM, design, release, launch, automotive, mechanical engineer