Electric cars have the potential to benefit everyone tremendously. Not only do they provide a way to reduce emissions and thereby provide us with cleaner air in our cities, electric cars are an important part of the solution to mitigate climate change.
At Lightyear, we love electric cars and know they will prove a turning point in history. We started the Lightyear because we could not just be bystanders of the electric car revolution. We have a very strong drive to accelerate the introduction of electric cars around the globe.
Lead Engineer Door System Design & Integration Job Description
We are searching for engineers that can help out with system design of the exterior of the car. Being part of a multidisciplinary engineering team you will make design choices and will be responsible for the door system design & integration. We are searching for candidates with experience within door system design & integration. You have the opportunity to tackle complex problems while working together with enthusiastic, talented, and creative engineers.
Your job will consist of;
- leading and supporting the engineering activities for small scale automotive development
- investigating concept feasibility
- performing design using CATIA v6
- conduct layout review
- create drawings and negotiation with owners of surrounding components/ modules
- search for new ways to increase overall efficiency
- utilize up-to-date technology and reduce design and parts cost
For this role it is important that you've obtained at least one of the competences stated below. Please shortly describe which of these competences you master or with which other competences you could contribute to Lightyear, preferably with an example/portfolio.
- Product development
- Lightweight design
- Mechanical simulations
What do we offer
- High level of autonomy
- A multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people
- A fast growing organization with lots of opportunities
- 40 vacation days per year
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent travel expenses
- An interesting and well balanced pension plan that fits Lightyear and our mission
- An interesting share plan to really become part of Lightyear
- Time for informal get-togethers on Monday morning and Friday afternoon
- Attention for a good work & life balance
- We are building towards the future every day, we started in 2016 and we're making big steps. We are also building and improving our conditions for our employees.
Lead Engineer Door System Design & Integration Job Requirements
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience within the automotive industry or equivalent focussing on door systems
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA) and Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Experience developing a product from concept to productionExperience with 3D CAD software, Catia V5 orV6 is a plus
- Strong rational skills and a pragmatic attitude
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Availability for 40 hours a week
- Fluent in English is a must in written and oral (Dutch preferred)
- You are comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skill-sets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives. You desire to truly understand the goals and needs of your teammates.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously. You welcome the challenge of generating ideas and performing analysis based on inputs and requirements that are subject to change.
- Ability to make decisions, and effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines with general requirements and wide responsibility
Lead Engineer Door System Design & Integration Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Lead Engineer Door System Design & Integration Summary
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Mechanical Engineering, Automotive