At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Computing Technical Engineer Job Description
The selected candidate will join the operation and support activities of the Filesystems and Data Operations (FDO) section of the ST Group.
As a Computing Technical Engineer, you will:
- Install and operate the storage services for the CERN laboratory and experiments.
- Support the CERN storage services (user support and incident response) including the participation of on-call duties.
- Maintain/improve system documentation (procedures; regular reports; incident analysis; user documentation) together with other members of the FDO section.
- Contribute to the evolution of the CERN storage services (service evolution, service or data migration).
The candidate should have demonstrated practical experience in at least some of the following areas:
- Linux and Windows operating system administration.
- In-depth practical experience in scripting languages, such as Python.
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting distributed systems.
The following additional experience would be an asset:
- Disk hardware technologies (SAS/SATA HD, SSD); global filesystems or object stores; external storage networking.
- Linux cluster management, automation, and monitoring tools.
- Database technologies (SQL).
- Knowledge of system configuration tools.
- Knowledge and deployment of computing hardware.
- Installation, operation and maintenance (preventive and corrective) of computing systems.
- Operation and maintenance (preventive and corrective) of storage systems.
Computing Technical Engineer Job Requirements
Bachelor's degree or equivalent* relevant experience in the field of computer engineering (see more info on the website)
Computing Technical Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Computing Technical Engineer Summary
2 - 5 years
||Geneva, , Switzerland
||SAS/SATA HD, Python, Database technologies (SQL)