SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the worlds' leading manufacturers of chemicals, fertilizers, plastics and metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 6,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (The Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets in Europe.
The essence of SABIC is about powering ambition. Through what we do and how we do it, we power the ambitions of our customers, the society in which we operate, our business partners and our employees. Our focus puts our customers' success at the heart of what we do. It also fuels individual development. It is grounded in a deep understanding of what customers want and what we can best offer them. To achieve this we strongly invest in our most important asset our employees. We want to help you develop a career with us that challenges you in ways that really make you come alive. Make your career happen with SABIC.
Reliability Engineer Job Description
The Technical Department is the center of expertise for Engineering at the Bergen op Zoom site of SABIC. It delivers expert knowledge to all facilities with a focus on the chemical and compounding plants. The organization of the Technical Department consists of multiple subgroups: Process Engineering, Asset Engineering, Process Control, Inspection & Compliance, Process Safety Management, Quality Assurance, Project Development & Control and Energy & Sustainability. The Asset Engineering team is responsible for e.g. the design of the asset, the asset life plan, the operating window, continuous reviewing of the asset performance and the subsequent feedback to Operations and Maintenance. Within Technical, the Asset Engineering Department consists of 5 disciplines: Static, Rotating, Instrumentation, Electrical and Asset Performance.
Your focus area is the PPE plant, which will be restarted in 2020 at the Bergen op Zoom site. You are eager to further grow and develop yourself as multi-unit expert.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
People Who Can
- Responsible for developing, implementing and driving reliability improvement plans and programs in order to improve plant reliability, integrity and availability within the boundaries of EHSS and cost requirements. The asset performance engineer is also responsible for guiding efforts to lead the asset’s continuous long-term improvement plans and cost optimization efforts.
- Monitors production losses and maintenance costs using historical production data, maintenance data, safety data and other sources to deliver a comprehensive long-term risk base strategy to improve production reliability and optimize cost.
- Develops a multidisciplinary long-term asset investment plan (according to SABIC’s Asset Lifecycle Assessment program) to give a comprehensive overview in the long-term strategic investment needs, to initiate the periodic investment budget process and to initiate replacement projects in order to ensure continuous long-term reliable and safe asset operation.
- Functions as a facilitator in applying root cause analysis (RCA) methodology as per SABIC corporate requirements for sporadic incidents and chronic failures, to identify root causes and to setup an action plan to prevent reoccurrence. This may include setting up a common cause analysis not only focusing on hardware performance but also focusing on human behavior and organizational aspects.
- Provides periodic analysis reports to the plant management and site leadership team highlighting past asset performance, possible areas for reliability improvements and progress on reliability initiatives.
- Acts as a methodology expert for RCA, RCM, RBI and/or RIS methodology, supports the site to adhere to SABIC corporate requirements and actively works together with European and corporate methodology experts to develop common strategies and to share best practices and learnings.
- Systematically defines, develops, monitors and refines asset maintenance strategies using reliability centered maintenance (RCM) methodology that includes value added preventive & predictive maintenance tasks and strategic spare part definition.
- Acts as site representative during corporate/industry/insurance and legal audits in the area of asset performance & maintenance and contributes to periodic industry benchmarks by analyzing/delivery of historic asset performance data.
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers
Reliability Engineer Job Requirements
- Bachelor or Master Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of reliability, maintenance and/or engineering experience in oil & gas, petrochemical and/or energy production industry.
- Risk based analytical mindset and experience in facilitation and chairing of multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Good understanding and knowledge of methodologies such as RCA, RCM, RBI, RIS, Criticality Assessment and concepts like ageing assets assessment or reliability in design.
- Practical experience/knowledge of SAP, Meridium (or equivalent APM software package) and MS Office systems.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, e.g. with regards to change and stakeholder management: able to efficiently introduce new reliability concepts, to strive for change and to effectively communicate to multiple levels and disciplines within the organization.
- Flexible and pragmatic approach in order to realize company’s targets
Reliability Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Reliability Engineer Summary
Compliance & security
Oil & Gas
5 - 10 Years
|| Bergen op Zoom ( Noord Brabant) , Netherlands
||Reliability, maintenance and/or engineering experience in oil & gas, petrochemical and/or energy production industry, RCA, RCM, RBI, RIS, Criticality Assessment, SAP