ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life. To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Working at ASML
We provide the world’s top chipmakers everything they need to create better performing, cheaper semiconductor chips. Simply put: we are an industry leader supporting industry leaders.
As such, you’ll be encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You’ll have the freedom, trust, and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges. Things are rarely dull when you’re constantly breaking new ground.
But despite our fast-paced environment at the forefront of tech, we take your work-life balance and wellbeing seriously. A business is only as good as its employees.
So join us, and you’ll be a part of a global collaboration. One that promotes creativity, the inclusion of highly diverse teams, and an exciting and dynamic work environment. Join us, and you’ll be a part of progress.
Is your drive to work ‘where the heat is’? Being the key in achieving the ultimate goal? Then working on ASML’s EUV source system to keep Moore’s law alive is your job! The essential aspect of bringing value is to generate new ideas and ensure that they are being worked out and delivered according to the specification as agreed with our customers around the globe… and that is where you come in!
Your mission is to design and industrialize the next generation of optical components of our CO2-laser system as part of the EUV source. Increased optical power and better, more stable performance is a constant demand for our systems. Also, to improve usability by our customers and our Customer Support teams, the optical system has to become more automated and more robust to failure and restart.
This requires mastering the full chain from requirement specification, design, and integration into the optical platform of high power optical elements and metrology systems. It is your task to develop new solutions or improve existing ones, and present those to the all stakeholders in the project. For this, you work with a large, multidisciplinary team. It includes the hand-over to Customer Support and manufacturing and to provide support in case of complex issues they cannot handle.
This means that as design engineer, you are the functional owner, being the spider in the web: you work very closely with the different groups within ASML (mechanics, software, electronics, manufacturing, customer support, ..) to make sure that in the end your specified deliverable proves to be working with a happy customer as the logical end result!
- Identify and solve complex high-power laser optics issues.
- Drive to structurally fix them, either by prevention or by delivering advanced diagnostic tooling to shorten the repair time.
- Key in this is to make the high power laser system as user-proof as possible and to have direct contact with your internal customers: EUV factory and Customer Support
- Since you also communicate a lot with other competencies to make your deliverables happen, this responsibility requires a high level of multidisciplinary technical knowledge combined with good communication skills and a big drive to make things happen.
Masters degree or higher (PhD) in Experiemental Physics, Optics, Opto-mechatronics or similar. A background in high-power laser optics, UV optics, Plasma physics or Optomechanical design is a pre.
Demonstrable experience in advanced optical design, combined with hands-on experience in technical trouble shooting.
Some (~1 yrs) work experience in combination with PhD, or significant work experience (~3 yrs) in combination with a MSc.
- Strong independent problem solving skills.
- Drive towards results within context / scope of larger project.
- Able to summarize and communicate technical results efficiently in fluent English.
- Being able to deliver under strong time pressure and able to cope with fluctuating priorities.
- Being able to deliver results in collaborative team environment
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Micro / Nano Technology
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Veldhoven, Netherlands|