AGC Glass Europe
Based in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), AGC Glass Europe is the European branch of the AGC Group (Asahi Glass Co., Ltd), the world's leading producer of flat glass. It produces, processes and distributes flat glass for building (exterior glazing and interior decoration), automotive (original glass and replacement glass) and smart screen applications.
AGC Glass Europe currently employs some 14,000 people. Its industrial facilities comprise 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centers and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe, stretching from Spain to Russia.
AGC's Technovation Centre and the Electronics Department based in Gosselies and Kortrijk (Belgium) AGC's Technovation Centre based in Belgium mobilises its 300 researchers, engineers and technicians to:
- turn glass into a material meeting a growing range of needs (energy control, comfort, safety and health, aesthetics)
- engage in radical innovation with technological breakthroughs, opening up new market opportunities.
Antibacterial glass, Glassiled Motion for dynamic facades, the Google Jamboard for multitouch screens are just some of our latest innovations.
As one of the research departments part of the Technovation Centre, the Electronics Department employs approximately 15 people. The department is in charge of developing new products and services by integrating electronic elements in glass for building and automotive glass applications..
Electronics or Process Engineer in the Electronics Department - your mission
You will be located at our R&D antenna in our Kortrijk factory while reporting to the head of the Electronics Department based at the Technovation Centre in Gosselies. You will enjoy a training at the Technovation Centre during the first few weeks and will maintain regular contacts with all its researchers and technicians at all times. Regular training opportunities focusing on innovation management will be available throughout your mission.
Your duties will include the following:
- You will act as main coordinator between the production site with the local workforce in Kortrijk, the Electronics department at the Technovation Centre and the international subcontractors and suppliers i.e
- ensure alignment between all parties
- Develop and up-scale products on the Active Glass industrial lines
- communicate on main technical challenges
- ensure good functioning of the specific production line equipments, propose improvements in the process and manage the maintenance operations
- manage team dynamics
Technical support to follow up on R&D projects
- From a process point of view: you will understand and improve the manufacturing process in Kortrijk based on
- the electronics knowledge of the Electronics team at the R&D Centre
- the process knowledge of the workforce of Kortrijk and
- existing best practices at AGC
- From a product point of view, you will
- Transfer glass solutions from the lab to the industrial line
- Manage industrial trials in cooperation with ATC (interface between Kortrijk and ATC)
- Deliver prototypes to marketing
- Analyse claims from customers to put necessary action plans into place
Your first assignment will be related to Glassiled Uni, AGC's new façade or interior lighting solution for bringing buildings to life with infinite combinations of colors, tones and variations (https://www.agcyourglass.
- You hold an engineering degree or PhD, preferably in electronics, electromechanics or photonics. Thanks to your studies, relevant training or experience you have acquired a certain level of experience in the development of electronic circuits in high tech industries.
- You have just completed your studies or have a few years' experiences in research or manufacturing.
- You are willing to work in a team in interaction with other researchers, technicians (bachelors and industrial engineers) and operators.
- You have leadership skills and enjoy project management
- You have good communication skills, especially with people from different cultural backgrounds (ability to listen, communicate, interact)
- You are solution oriented, perseverant, self-confident, autonomous and pragmatic.
- You are a self-starter and have a good helicopter view. You are able to think of and manage the different stages of the project
- Knowledge of English and Dutch is essential. You are preferably fluent in French.
Remuneration and benefits including amongst others :
- A motivating career path in a multinational
- A competitive base salary.
- Group Bonus Scheme
- Annual Holiday of 40 days and Annual Holiday Premium
- Enrolment in a company pension scheme
- Complementary Health Insurance Scheme
Interested and willing to make a difference in our work of glass?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Electronics / Components
0 - 2 years
|Job Location:||Courtrai, Belgium|
|Keywords:||Glass industry/ Ceramics, Process Enginner, Process Enginneering, Coordination, Advisor, Methodes, Production, Supervisor, Glass Industry, Engineering, Courtrai|