At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Building Automation Technician Job Description
As a Building Automation Technician, you will participate in the operation, maintenance and works for HVAC and electrical systems in CERN buildings.
- Participate in the maintenance, installation, design, and works of the new installations or buildings.
- Build systems automation using Saia PLCs programs.
- Ensure daily management of the services which include providing technician level expertise, writing or checking functional analysis, writing specifications, PLC programming, tuning and testing installations, performance, and availability monitoring and computing security.
- Define, document and implement procedures.
- Coordinate major deployments such as new releases of the software and operating systems for PLCs.
- Propose improvements and upgrade of the existing equipment.
- Coordinate the electro-mechanical work completed by contractors.
- Work in close collaboration with IT teams across different departments at CERN.
- In-depth knowledge of PLC for HVAC and electricity.
- Demonstrated experience using Saia PLC in the building field.
- Performance analysis of Installation Services to scale them to adapt to an ever-changing workload with special focus on performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Sensor and actuators testing and tuning.
- Energy counting.
Experience in the following fields would be an asset:
- Experience in DCC suite language.
- Previous experience using scripting languages such as PGC from Saia Burgess.
- Experience in lighting management via Dali and KNX protocols.
- Storage experience and/or virtual machine experience
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in radiation areas.
- A valid driving license.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Building Automation Technician Job Requirements
QualificationsTechnical certificate or general secondary education in the field of HVAC or electricity or automation or a related field.
Building Automation Technician Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Building Automation Technician Summary
0 - 2 years
||Geneva, , Switzerland
||HVAC, DCC suite