ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life. To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Working at ASML
We provide the world’s top chipmakers everything they need to create better performing, cheaper semiconductor chips. Simply put: we are an industry leader supporting industry leaders.
As such, you’ll be encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You’ll have the freedom, trust, and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges. Things are rarely dull when you’re constantly breaking new ground.
But despite our fast-paced environment at the forefront of tech, we take your work-life balance and wellbeing seriously. A business is only as good as its employees.
So join us, and you’ll be a part of a global collaboration. One that promotes creativity, the inclusion of highly diverse teams, and an exciting and dynamic work environment. Join us, and you’ll be a part of progress.
Is your interest triggered by the hardware for new and existing computer systems that are embedded in the ASML products? Do you have a Bachelor- or Masters Degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and affinity with the design of embedded computer hardware? We might be looking for you!
Are you challenged by the architecture and associated hardware for new and existing computer systems* that are embedded in the ASML products? Are you motivated to find a matching replacement for COTS part that needs to be replaced? Are you able to get the correct specifications for the next generation of control system and internal network for the ASML product? We want to speak with you!
* Computers, computer racks/cabinets, processor boards, storage solutions, thin clients, network switches and input devices such as keyboard, mouse and touchscreens.
The Computing Platform Designer is responsible for the following:
• Participate as an Electronic Development (EDEV) representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
• Define, document and maintain requirements of various computer systems electronics products.
• Participate in the design and realization of computer systems electronics products.
• Contribute to Computer Systems roadmap by managing the used building-blocks based on knowledge of existing Commercially Of The Shelf (COTS) solutions and industry standards.
• Define, document and execute tests to ensure that computer systems electronics products satisfy the requirements.
• Solve problems and/or manage problem resolution during 1st product integration.
• Manage outsourcing of computer systems electronics related modules.
• Transfer knowledge to production and service engineers.
• Support production and service as an expert (4th line support)
• Interface with software designers, but you will NOT write software yourself.
Bachelor- or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, “Technische Computer Kunde”, or equivalent.
• Experience or affinity with designing embedded computer systems.
• Knowledge of- and experience with: definition and realization of multi-processor computer systems and networks in a real-time/embedded environment.
• Broad technical knowledge of: computer hardware, operating systems, networks and storage.
• High motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills.
• Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
• Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
• Pragmatic attitude.
• Takes ownership in case of issues.
• Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch is convenient but not mandatory)
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of all electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within EDEV the group Computer Systems Electronics (CSE) is responsible for the computer system architecture (distribution, servers, storage, control boards, thin client, smart screens, network architecture and components).
The Designer will report to the group leader Computer Systems Electronics (CSE).
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
0 - 2 years
|Job Location:||Veldhoven, Netherlands|