ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life. To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Working at ASML
We provide the world’s top chipmakers everything they need to create better performing, cheaper semiconductor chips. Simply put: we are an industry leader supporting industry leaders.
As such, you’ll be encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You’ll have the freedom, trust, and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges. Things are rarely dull when you’re constantly breaking new ground.
But despite our fast-paced environment at the forefront of tech, we take your work-life balance and wellbeing seriously. A business is only as good as its employees.
So join us, and you’ll be a part of a global collaboration. One that promotes creativity, the inclusion of highly diverse teams, and an exciting and dynamic work environment. Join us, and you’ll be a part of progress.
Cluster Quality Manager Job Description
To define the Cluster Quality Roadmap and (Cluster) Quality Management System, manage and drive it with the Cluster VP and through the Cluster DMs and control the Cluster Quality KPIs and Cluster Quality program progress to ensure. In the CQM is owner of a dedicated D&E wide Quality process and/or D&E wide Quality Improvement plan, e.g. Software Quality and ensure the link is maintained ASML wide through Global Quality peers and/or process owner(s).
- Prepare Cluster Quality roadmap, get agreement in Cluster and with D&E Head of Quality. Drive for project set up with supporting charters with budget and resources and organize the proper PDCA reviews with Clusters (Departments, Groups and teams) to ensure progress through BBSC set up
- Set up Quality Competence matrices and identify Quality competence gaps within Clusters, Departments, Groups and teams and organize together with other CQMs and/or other Quality Competence centers, the applicable training etc
- Set Up the required Cluster Quality organization Clusters, Departments, Groups and teams to ensure the Quality objectives will be met and hire/support hiring of capable personnel
- Manage the Cluster Quality Team
- Be part of the D&E Quality team and report out functionally to D&E Quality Director
- For those applicable Quality cases, eg: Customer complaints, (X)XLDs, DOAs etc ensure the Clusters, Departments, Groups and teams have access to right level of support and coaching to ensure a swift and Quality wise good execution applying the (most) appropriate Quality techniques define the Cluster Quality Roadmap and (Cluster) Quality Management System, manage and drive it with the Cluster VP and through the Cluster DMs and control the Cluster Quality KPIs and Cluster Quality program progress to ensure. In the CQM is owner of a dedicated D&E wide Quality process and/or D&E wide Quality Improvement plan, e.g. Software Quality and ensure the link is maintained ASML wide through Global Quality peers and/or process owner(s).
The position of CQM is new within the D&E organization and will have special challenges like:
- Stakeholder management
- Get Quality structurally on the Cluster agenda
- Structurally ensure Quality of Cluster products
Special challenges are also:
- Ensure that the assigned Quality process is adhered to:
- Across all D&E Clusters
- Link to Global Quality and
- Link to Other Clusters
- Develop excellent relationship within cluster and departments and across clusters which is critical for success
- The expected role and behaviors: Tough, Fair and Part of the solution
The CQM can decide on:
- Approve on whether KD prep applicable for cluster have the appropriate Quality content
- Approve whether actions taken are according to Quality standards
- Decide whether a Quality program has sufficient Quality content to be effective
- Decide whether the Quality Team/people have the right competences
- Decide whether the Quality program have sufficient
Cluster Quality Manager Job Requirements
professional qualification (MBA; RC, etc) and managerial experience
>15 years with comprehensive specialized job related knowledge
- Supports Director and SVP in quality improvement. Is able to initiate actions by ensuring timely availability of people, resources and methods on the basis of technology roadmap or Master plan
- Is able to combine/ couple competence knowledge with product system knowledge
- Has project management skills
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Is able to independently manage a larger team: motivating and coaching team members
- Generates ideas and takes initiative
- Brings Quality expertise and profound experience (in general and on specific quality topic)
- Demonstrates Change Management skills
- Manages various activities within a functional area
- Has analytical skills on sector process performance
- Shows management reporting skills
- Shows leadership skills for multiple large projects directly & indirectly via direct reports in department
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of the overall management/ business control processes
- Demonstrates divergent problem analysis. Innovative 'out of the box' thinking. Sensitive to sector politics. Problem solutions include optimization on PCOI (Process, Control, Organization and Information) beyond sectors ASML wide.
- Ensures alignment and commitment as a result of personal vision and communication/ message
- Controls and combines the Cluster projects in such way that these result in increased effectiveness together
- Acts within large projects, aligning the interests of the various clusters. Manage political sensitive situations proactively.
- Works autonomously with impact ASML
- Embeds results of D&E wide projects into operational tasks
Cluster Quality Manager Application Information
- Manages a group of Experts/ Managers/ (Senior) Team leaders and coaches them intensively in leadership skills and how to manage teams
- Has advanced communication skills
- Interacts with other people to understand, support and/or influence them
- Professional reasoning is critical
- Where politics play in projects between sectors distinguish and deploy proper action as needed
- Inspiring and motivating the Cluster is critical
Cluster Quality Manager Summary
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next