ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life. To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Working at ASML
We provide the world’s top chipmakers everything they need to create better performing, cheaper semiconductor chips. Simply put: we are an industry leader supporting industry leaders.
As such, you’ll be encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You’ll have the freedom, trust, and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges. Things are rarely dull when you’re constantly breaking new ground.
But despite our fast-paced environment at the forefront of tech, we take your work-life balance and wellbeing seriously. A business is only as good as its employees.
So join us, and you’ll be a part of a global collaboration. One that promotes creativity, the inclusion of highly diverse teams, and an exciting and dynamic work environment. Join us, and you’ll be a part of progress.
At ASML, next to the scanners, a lot of data is generated by wafer and reticle inspection equipment which range from scatterometers to scanning electron microscopes. To develop, optimize and qualify ASML scanners, the data originating from various defectivity metrology equipment requires extensive analysis. To this end, ASML makes use of proprietary software tooling, which has been created and maintained using Matlab.
As a Matlab design expert you will work on wafer and reticle related defectivity metrology. You will develop and optimize software tooling and use this tooling to analyse the data and document the results.
Based on your output, further optimization of both the operational parameters and / or scanner hardware will be proposed. You will challenge metrology equipment suppliers of ASML to get the most out of their products. You will optimize software tooling to find potential flaws in the equipment. You will be supporting the integration of defectivity equipment and software to the factory.
This work will be done in a dynamic environment; your deliverables and the boundary conditions are changing at a high-pace. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams, together with other departments and sectors within ASML. Analytical
skills as well as imagination and creativity will be needed to deal with various challenges. You need to be assertive and self-propelling, while also being a team player. You should be able to build on the knowledge and help from other specialists within the ASML community.
We are looking for an all-round engineer, who will participate in:
· Development of analysis software tools (in Matlab).
· Data analysis to understand and optimize the defectivity inspection equipment.
· Validation, setup and integration of the metrology equipment in the factory.
· Supporting customer and factory issues and escalations.
Education & Experience
· B.Sc or M.Sc. in Computer Science/Engineering/Physics/Mathematics/Statistics with at least 2 years of relevant industry experience. Applicants with specialization in data science / algorithm development/ machine learning track are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Extensive knowledge of programming and deployment of algorithms with Matlab is mandatory.
· Statistics and/or knowledge on design of experiments is a plus.
· Affinity with Scanning Electron Microscopy and other inspection/review equipment is a plus.
· Knowledge of semiconductor industry and/ or ASML scanners is a nice-to-have.
• Extensive experience and proven track record in Matlab programming. Note: this will be tested during the job interview by means of a 30-minute case.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Team player with good communication skills.
• Pragmatic, innovative, highly committed and flexible.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Willingness to work in cleanroom environment (~20%).
• Willingness to travel to ASML customers and suppliers (ad hoc basis).
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
2 - 5 years
|Job Location:||Veldhoven, Netherlands|
|Keywords:||Software tools, defectivity equipment, metrology equipment, Electron Microscopy|