ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment.
Our vision is to enable affordable microelectronics that improve the quality of life. To achieve this, our mission is to invent, develop, manufacture and service advanced technology for high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions for the semiconductor industry.
ASML's guiding principle is continuing Moore's Law towards ever smaller, cheaper, more powerful and energy-efficient semiconductors. This results in increasingly powerful and capable electronics that enable the world to progress within a multitude of fields, including healthcare, technology, communications, energy, mobility, and entertainment.
Working at ASML
We provide the world’s top chipmakers everything they need to create better performing, cheaper semiconductor chips. Simply put: we are an industry leader supporting industry leaders.
As such, you’ll be encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You’ll have the freedom, trust, and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges. Things are rarely dull when you’re constantly breaking new ground.
But despite our fast-paced environment at the forefront of tech, we take your work-life balance and wellbeing seriously. A business is only as good as its employees.
So join us, and you’ll be a part of a global collaboration. One that promotes creativity, the inclusion of highly diverse teams, and an exciting and dynamic work environment. Join us, and you’ll be a part of progress.
ASML is the world's leading provider of equipment and services for the semiconductor industry. ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services these advanced systems, which continue to help major semiconductor companies reduce the size and increase the functionality of semiconductors and consumer electronic equipment.
ASML’s Corporate Intellectual Property (CIP) department is responsible for maximizing ASML’s global intellectual property position to protect and support ASML’s business. In particular, the department strives to preserve freedom to operate for ASML and to establish and maintain a portfolio of patent rights. At the CIP department, about 60 people work over three offices to accomplish the above-stated mission.
Search, find, analyze and visualize all relevant information regarding patents and new technological developments.
You will be one of six Patent Searchers in the Search and Competitive Intelligence group at ASML’s CIP department.
Your responsibilities are:
- Act as sparring partner for Patent Attorneys and other internal customers to identify which information need exists
- Conduct searches (novelty, validity, clearance, collection, portfolio), analyze and communicate findings in a complete and concise manner to customers
- Gather patent publications and other literature in technical fields that may be relevant to ASML’s technology
- Become information specialist in such technical fields and support and further develop ASML's Patent Rights Alert System
- Communicate with ASML’s engineers about relevant technological developments within the semiconductor (equipment) industry
MSc degree in technical science (preferably physics, mechanics, electronics or similar)
- Patent professional with 2-5 years of experience as a patent searcher
- Knowledge of semiconductor technology, specifically lithography, is considered an asset
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Pro-active and customer-friendly mindset
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Interest in legal aspects
- Strong English language skills, affinity with linguistics.
Context of the position
The Patent Searcher reports to the manager of the CIP Search & Competitive Intelligence group and interfaces with the Patent Attorneys, other members of the CIP organization, engineers and researchers.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.
Compliance & security
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Veldhoven, Netherlands|
|Keywords:||patent, physics, semiconductor, ASML, veldhoven, netherlands, science, technology, high tech, electronics|
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next
Deadline: 27th May 2023
Job reference (ID): 17195