Research Square is founded after having identified there’s an entire market supporting academic researchers and scientist finding a job on the one hand and on the other supporting customers in the searching for the brightest minds available.
The cornerstone of our success as a specialists recruitment agency is our team working at Research Square. We all are either engineers or scientists ourselves and / or specialized in the recognizing, identifying and training of the soft skills of our employees.
We speak the language of our researchers and we understand the technical challenges of our customers. We scout, screen, select and employ the brightest candidates and connect them with the most innovative challenges available where our search is built specific to each individual customer in order to tailor their individual needs.
Whether you’re looking for an R&D position or you are looking to employ talented professionals, you can rely on Research Square to meet your needs. We partner with our clients to assess their individual specific needs and following up we pair those needs with talented scientific and research professionals from within our network to serve both parties.
At Research Square we provide consulting and direct hire staffing solutions in many areas and applications related to research and development.
Research Square has a large and diverse network ranging from large multinationals to small start-up and scale-ups. We are directly connected with R&D managers and directors seeking the best candidates available to strengthen their department and meet their technical goals smoothening and speeding up the recruitment process.
As an Ultrasound/Acoustic Metrology Researcher, you will be involved in the development of metrology concepts based on ultrasound/acoustic imaging and detection.
By theoretical analysis and simulations (including wave propagation simulations in FEM and MATLAB), design and building working prototypes, you show how the Proof-of-Concept and address technical challenges of our customers. You will also be involved in the research and development (R&D) of the next generation ultrasound imaging systems for metrology applications.
Together with your colleagues you will analyze and predict customer needs, translate these to system requirements, create conceptual designs and build experimental setups to demonstrate key aspects, and realize and experimentally characterize prototypes. For this you will apply your experience and knowledge about the physics of wave interaction with matter, both in transmission and reflection, development of acoustic transducers, matching layers and acoustic clamps, signal processing and, if required, dedicated electronics design. You are also able to translate the customer needs in acoustic metrology. Moreover, you perform research into high-resolution ultrasound/acoustic imaging devices and sensors and research in building experimental set-ups for proof-of-concept of acoustic metrology for the envisioned applications. You will be trusted to recommend design changes or substitution of materials when appropriate. You will also advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions and may recommend changes in user procedures. In this role you will travel for about 5 percent of your time. You will report directly to the CTO.
The Ultrasound/Acoustic Metrology Researcher we seek ideally has at least 5 years of experience as an ultrasound expert in a working environment which, in terms of complexity, is in line with that of NFI. Experience in the field of semiconductor equipment is a plus. Furthermore, you need to recognize yourself in the profile as described below.
• A PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on acoustic/ultrasound simulations and experiments;
• A second degree in Physics, Mathematics, or other relevant disciplines is preferred;
• A wide experience in acoustic metrology and imaging.
• Experience in building practical experimental set-ups based on acoustic metrology and imaging is highly preferred.
• An understanding of the semiconductor industry and the challenges this industry faces in the area of nano-metrology and nano-manufacturing.
• Prepared written technical reports on an independent basis;
• Experience in measurement analysis;
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment, with suppliers and codevelopers, to ensure timely realization of competitive, high precision, complex components and assemblies;
• Be a demonstrated “team player” with strong interpersonal skills and a quality orientation;
• Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training, and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab or cleanroom environment);
• Strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time;
• You have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Acoustics / Vibration Technology
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
> 15 years
|Job Location:||Delft, Netherlands|
|Keywords:||Ultrasound,Acoustic, Metrology, NFI, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics,|