Electric cars have the potential to benefit everyone tremendously. Not only do they provide a way to reduce emissions and thereby provide us with cleaner air in our cities, electric cars are an important part of the solution to mitigate climate change.
At Lightyear, we love electric cars and know they will prove a turning point in history. We started the Lightyear because we could not just be bystanders of the electric car revolution. We have a very strong drive to accelerate the introduction of electric cars around the globe.
Sr. Power Electronics Engineer R&D Job Description
Impact the future! We are Lightyear, we envision a shift from traditional environment polluting vehicles to clean and affordable mobility. It is our mission to disrupt the electric car market by providing zero emission mobility for everyone, everywhere. Our first step towards this goal: The Lightyear One.
- Do you have a PhD in Electrical Engineering with a focus on Power Electronics?
- Do you have at least 5 years experience in Power Electronics?
- Are you always looking at future possibilities and chances to improve the products you are working on?
- Do you love to share knowledge and provide tips & tricks to young high potential engineers?
- Then join us and make a lasting impact on the future of mobility!
As a Sr. Power Electronics Engineer R&D you will focus on the future chances of Power Electronics within Lightyear. Chances that wil improve Lightyear as a company and that will make sure that we are one step ahead in the future.Therefore you will build, expand and lead a small team of junior and medior engineers.Responsibilities
- You will set the course and you will determine on what aspects of technology will make the difference within Lightyear, think of more efficient systems, new architectures for vehicles
- System level architecture of power conversion systems
- You will be the linking pin between R&D and our general engineering department
- You will be the internal expert of Lightyear regarding Power Electronics for all colleagues of R&D and Engineering, to further develop all engineers focussing on this subject
- You will manage and will be actively involved in the Technology Readiness Levels up to level 5. For this you will also have contacts with interesting universities to coach and guide students in the research projects. Looking at development you will guide and consult for TRL levels up to level 8.
- You will create suitable projects or Master thesis/graduation projects which follow your own and Lightyears vision
- You will find the right people to start with the projects you've created. We would welcome the fact if you would be present at universities personally.
- You will set up and monitor the roadmap for future development of power conversion systems
- Topology research
Sr. Power Electronics Engineer R&D Job Requirements
What do we offer
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar, with a background in power electronics.
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant working experience is a must
- Strong teamwork skills but also demonstrated leadership abilities in resolving complex issues regarding Power Electronics
- Experience in managing and guiding young talent to mature engineers
- Experience with Matlab / Simulink / Plecs / Altium / Spice is a plus
- Fluent in English, Dutch proficiency is a plus
- Social and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with and set milestones.
- Ability to work independently in a complex and fast moving environment with a highly dynamic character
- Highly evolved written and oral communication skills
- Availability for 40 hours a week (we would also be open for a parttime role at first)
- High level of autonomy
- A multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people
- A fast growing organization with lots of opportunities
- The ability to challenge the status quo and have a positive impact on a fast changing world
- 30 holidays
- Excellent travel expenses
- An interesting and well balanced pension plan fits Lightyear and it's mission
- We offer a very interesting option to invest in Lightyear as an employee. We would like to discuss these possibilities in a personal conversation!
Sr. Power Electronics Engineer R&D Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Sr. Power Electronics Engineer R&D Summary
10 - 15 years
5 - 10 Years
||Matlab, Simulink, Plecs, Altium, Spice, R&D