Electric cars have the potential to benefit everyone tremendously. Not only do they provide a way to reduce emissions and thereby provide us with cleaner air in our cities, electric cars are an important part of the solution to mitigate climate change.
At Lightyear, we love electric cars and know they will prove a turning point in history. We started the Lightyear because we could not just be bystanders of the electric car revolution. We have a very strong drive to accelerate the introduction of electric cars around the globe.
System Requirement Engineer Job Description
What will you do as System Requirement Engineer?
As System Requirement Engineer you will be the essential key between the systems and project teams to ensure and secure that the system/product requirements are met during and after the several design phases. If required you need to react and guide the different teams and/or systems to make sure they are on track again to meet the requirements. You will monitor verification and validation (V&V) of concepts in close collaboration with V&V. You will be part of a cross-functional team and support product development. You will become a member of the Systems Engineering team. Your tasks will consist of but are not limited to:
- You shall work out stakeholder needs into functional and quality requirements before and during the development process and assign them into solution areas
- Organize reviews, keep track of the system functionality and keep focus on the quality level
- Analyze and document the activities of the system and how to align with requirements
- Pro-actively align with System Architects, Project Management, Domain Experts and domain engineers
- Continuous improvement and maintenance of the requirements management tooling/domain
- Being the “glue” between the project teams and keep project team members informed about requirements and status.
- Collaborate with and inform System Architects & Domain Experts about functional deviations
- Support the Safety team in defining logical & functional architectures and achieve compliance with ISO26262
System Requirement Engineer Job Requirements
What do we expect from a System Requirement Engineer at Lightyear?
To succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear, pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. In addition, we are looking for someone with an ambitious attitude who learns from the past (tried and tested) but who is especially open to transforming new developments or ideas into the "tried and tested" of the future! You are also someone with a high sense of responsibility and a cooperative attitude. You like short lines of communication. You have excellent communication skills, you are a self starter with a ‘can do’ mentality. You can create/build from scratch, you are committed, punctual, quality minded, a team player, flexible, stress resilient and of course a fast learner. Furthermore you'll bring:
What can you expect from Lightyear?
- Master Degree in Engineering or other related fields
- Between 2 and 5 years of experience in the automotive industry
- Experience in Requirement Engineering/System Engineering preferably in the following automotive fields: Serviceability & Maintainability, Durability & Reliability, Drivability, Ride Comfort & Handling, Noise, Vibration & Harshness and/ or Software compliance
- Experience with DFMEA is preferred
- Experience with ISO 26262 is preferred
- Knowledge of IEEE1233 and ISO25010 preferred
- Experience with Requirement Engineering tools is required (Jama, Doors, Polarion)
- Experience in reviewing the proposed solutions against requirements
- Advanced English skills both in spoken and written language, Dutch is preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of disciplines, from software engineering to stress engineering to design.
- Availability for 40 hours a week
In addition to a challenging role as Requirement/ System Engineer, you also have the opportunity to work for a company with a real, honest and ambitious mission. This way you have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the future of mobility! In addition, we also offer:
- A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
- A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
- A role at one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Netherlands with accompanying opportunities
- 40 vacation days a year. (based on full-time employment)
- Excellent travel allowance that encourages the use of public transport
- An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
- The ability to participate via shares and to be involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
- In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic Friday afternoon drinks
System Requirement Engineer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
System Requirement Engineer Summary
2 - 5 years