Electric cars have the potential to benefit everyone tremendously. Not only do they provide a way to reduce emissions and thereby provide us with cleaner air in our cities, electric cars are an important part of the solution to mitigate climate change.
At Lightyear, we love electric cars and know they will prove a turning point in history. We started the Lightyear because we could not just be bystanders of the electric car revolution. We have a very strong drive to accelerate the introduction of electric cars around the globe.
Prototyping Coordinator Job Description
Impact the future! We are Lightyear, we envision a shift from traditional environment polluting vehicles to clean and affordable mobility. It is our mission to disrupt the electric car market by providing zero emission mobility for everyone, everywhere. Our first step towards this goal: The Lightyear One.
- Do you have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent?
- Do you have at least 3 years experience in coordinating highly complexed prototyping projects?
- Have you mastered English fluently in word and writing?
Then join us and make a lasting impact on the future of mobility!Description
In 2019 and 2020 we are building different types of prototypes of the Lightyear One. In the role of Prototyping Coordinator you are responsible for:
- leading the definition of content for the LY prototypes vehicles to ensure that they are suitable for the required testing
- being the interface between the different systems within Lightyear and the Lightyear prototype development team in realizing the definition of the Prototypes
- ensuring that the cost of prototypes are kept within designated budget
- ensuring that the prototype builds are kept on schedule and all issues arising from them are identified and cascaded to the relevant owners (troubleshooting)
- leading the planning and management of the vehicles
- ensuring that all vehicles are suitable for the required tests and that the execution of tests are planned in the most efficient manner with regards to time, quality & cost.
Prototyping Coordinator Job Requirements
- Bachelor or Master degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or in a similar field
- 3+ years of experience in prototyping build preferably within automotive
- Well developed skills to bring together all relevant stakeholders and come to the right decisions within a high paced and dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with tight timing constraints
- Strong teamwork skills but also demonstrated leadership abilities in resolving complex issues regarding prototyping
- Excellent presentation skills, excelling coordinating/planning skills and "guru like" Excel skills
- Good understanding of automotive testing and/or testing standards
- Demonstrated ability to work with interfacing engineers, suppliers and partners
- Experience in developing prototypes with high complexity and cutting edge technology
- Highly evolved written and oral communication skills
- Availability for 40 hours a week
What do we offer
- You are comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skill-sets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives. You desire to truly understand the goals and needs of your teammates and help them reach these goals.
- Ability to make decisions, and effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines with general requirements and wide responsibility
- High level of autonomy
- A multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people
- A fast growing organization with lots of opportunities
- The ability to challenge the status quo and have a positive impact on a fast changing world
- 40 vacation days per year
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent travel expenses
- An interesting and well balanced pension plan that fits Lightyear and our mission
- An interesting share plan to really become part of Lightyear
- Time for informal get-togethers on Monday morning and Friday afternoon
- Attention for a good work & life balance
- We are building towards the future every day, we started in 2016 and we're making big steps. We are also building and improving our conditions for our employees.
Prototyping Coordinator Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Prototyping Coordinator Summary
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Mechanical Engineer, Excel