Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research. In addition, companies can work together with us in a custom innovation traject. Finally, we also offer an extensive range of testing and validation infrastructure for your products or production.
Our goal is to contribute to the technological development of the vehicles, machines and factories of the future. By doing so, we create added value for the manufacturing industry. Together we help companies innovate better and faster. In addition, we attach great importance to international cooperation in the field of innovation and to participation in European research projects.
Today Flanders Make counts 600 researchers who work full-time as a unique research community on a joint industrial research agenda.
We operate from our offices in Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk and Sint-Truiden
Software Research Engineer for model-driven engineering Job Description
Manufacturing companies are looking forward to take the next step towards an innovative design process. As the time-to-market is becoming increasingly important, companies want to find a way to make early design decisions and save time, e.g. by sharing design parameters between engineering departments or by finding design synergies in product families.
Propose beyond state-of-the-art computational modelling
- Work together in a small research team combining expertise in CDS, model-driven engineering, optimisation techniques, mechatronic & structural design;
- Work on challenging model-driven engineering problems and perform research into new methods, algorithms, frameworks, modelling languages & tools;
- Push state-of-the-art software methods beyond the current limits;
- Take the lead in developing prototype software for supporting design tools.
More concretely, for real-life industry designs of e.g. the landing gear of an airplane or a complex vehicle exhaust system…, you:
Bart, Software Research Engineer at Flanders Make: "When working on a new concept, I enjoy to puzzle out variants of existing tools, making sure they communicate correctly. When the industrial company finally adopts the solution, the data really come to life."
- Characterise in a formal way the design space model (with objectives, constraints, design repository/component database…), integrating parameters such as manufacturability, total cost of ownership, performance…;
- Use model-driven engineering and algorithms of computational design to automatically generate optimal high-performance design concepts;
- Generate out-of-the box ideas to make the design space model smaller;
- Check which solutions are technically feasible.
Read more on https://www.flandersmake.be/en/testimony-bart
Software Research Engineer for model-driven engineering Job Requirements
Computer scientist or Mathematical Engineer
- A Master or PhD in Computer Science, mathematical engineering, electrical engineering (or a related discipline);
- Experience with model-driven engineering;
- A strong interest in acquiring the necessary skills to work with different modelling languages (e.g. SysML, Ecore, OWL, Eclipse…);
- A strong interest to explore declarative languages.
- Knowledge of modelling software (Simscape, Amesim, Matlab, Simulink…) is a plus;
- Interested in Machine designs/Mechatronics.
Working at Flanders Make.
- Strong in conceptual and abstract thinking;
- Passionate about research and new technologies;
- Result-oriented and responsible and you take initiative;
- A team player;
- A good communicator;
- Eager to learn.
Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in our offices in Leuven, Lommel or Kortrijk (flexible workplace policy).
Discover what we mean by “industry-driven research projects” in this project video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/zXuIIosZbZE Offer
- Flanders Make offers you the opportunity to develop yourself in a network of top industrial players, universities and research institutes;
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging work environment;
- A warm atmosphere and top colleagues;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in our offices in Leuven, Lommel or Kortrijk (flexible workplace policy).Flanders Make
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites in Lommel, Leuven and Kortrijk
, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research.
Our purpose: realising a top-level research network in Flanders that delivers full support to the innovation projects of manufacturing companies. In this way, we want to contribute to new products and production processes that help to realise the vehicles, machines and factories of the future.
Because of our unique position between industry and research, our teams combine application and system proficiency with technological and scientific knowledge.
We focus on 4 key competences, all based on modelling and virtualisation
1. Decision & Control
2. Design and optimisation
3. Motion product specification, architecture and validation
4. Flexible assembly specification, architecture and validation
Software Research Engineer for model-driven engineering Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Software Research Engineer for model-driven engineering Summary
Electronics / Components
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||Leuven, Kortrijk, Lommel, Belgium
||modelling, virtualisation, SysML, Ecore, OWL, Eclipse, Computer Science, Mathematical Engineer