At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Process Operator in Cryogenics (TE-CRG-OP-2019-107-LD) Job Description
As a member of the Cryogenics process operations team, you will:
- Be part of a 24-7 shift team which runs the cryogenics facilities supporting the Large Hadron Collider and main experimental detectors ATLAS and CMS.
- Integrate a multinational team with a range of skills and expertise.
- Get the chance to broaden your knowledge into new areas.
- Receive specific training and support for your professional development.
After a period of training, you will take on responsibility, on the ground and remotely, for operating the LHC cryogenic system: trouble-shooting, emergency interventions, and maintenance support, depending on requirements and situations; updating the operating procedures, in particular with respect to the safety rules; and managing technical documentation.
Higher technical diploma in the field of industrial instrumentation, physical measurements, process engineering, or equivalent. or a related field.
Process Operator in Cryogenics (TE-CRG-OP-2019-107-LD) Job Requirements
The experience required for this post is:
- First experience in the monitoring of industrial processes and/or experience in the field of commissioning and operation of the complex electromechanical plant (e.g. petrochemicals or equivalent).
- Specific experience with complex industrial processes or cryogenics or vacuum technologies would be a major asset, as would be basic knowledge of thermodynamics.
- Note that the first months of training will enable the acquisition of the necessary knowledge to start activities.
- Use of office software packages.
- Cooling process and regulation: understanding of basic process cycles.
- Use data acquisition and treatment software.
Process Operator in Cryogenics (TE-CRG-OP-2019-107-LD) Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Process Operator in Cryogenics (TE-CRG-OP-2019-107-LD) Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
||Geneva, , Switzerland
||cryogenic, treatment software, petrochemicals, thermodynamics, ATLAS, CMS
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next