EUROCONTROL’s role is to support European aviation by delivering technical excellence and civil-military expertise across the full spectrum of air traffic management, supporting our Member States and a wide spectrum of stakeholders including air navigation service providers, civil and military airspace users, airports and aircraft/equipment manufacturers.
Our activities touch on operations, service provision, concept development, research, Europe-wide project implementation, performance improvements, coordination with key aviation players at various levels as well as providing support to the future evolution and strategic orientations of aviation. To know more, please visit our company pages at: https://www.eurocontrol.int/about-us
OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS EXPERT Job Description
- Function title: Operational Systems Expert
- Reference: NOC-MA-2019-AD/154
- Location: Maastricht
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: General conditions of employment
- Grades for publication: AD5-6-7-8
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 5 Year(s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/OPS/OSD/MO - Maastricht Operational Systems
- Competition publication date: 06/11/2019
- Competition closing date: 04/12/2019 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, the Maastricht Operational Systems Service ensures that operational requirements from internal and external users are aligned with the MUAC operational concept and with the MUAC strategy and decisions of operational and technical nature.YOUR ROLE
Your role will be to:
- capture, analyse, evaluate and define business requirements from Current OPS and external users to improve systems taking into account probable impact of changes.
- elaborate proposals and technical recommendations in order to anticipate customers’ needs, and ensure that operational and system changes meet the requirements of the Current Operations and external users.
- share findings and plans, report on functional and technical issues, make recommendations (incl. workaround, alternative solutions) and provide advice and status reports;
- serve as liaison between customers and service provider, and work closely with key players (e.g. architects, project managers, developers, release managers, etc.) to ensure solutions meet agreed requirements and business strategy;
- ensure flow of communication on activities to ensure alignment across the different internal partners. To draft technical working documents as support for the operations’ users.
- support the project managers with System Level Operations (SLO) support.
- ensure that safety, quality and security requirements are met in area of responsibility.
- manage and task the System Monitoring and Revision Team (SMART), and/or user representatives.
- keep up to date with innovation in the field and in future operational tools, and to contribute to working groups, meeting, projects etc.
OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS EXPERT Job Requirements
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Completed university studies of 3 years preferably in a field related to aeronautical engineering, or professional training of an equivalent level (i.e. ATCO license).
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience. Experience as ATCO would be considered an asset.
- Experience or knowledge of ATM/ATC technical systems and infrastructure.
- Experience in writing functional specifications.
- Experience or knowledge in conducting cost/benefit analysis.
- Experience in or knowledge of requirements management (operational/technical).
- Knowledge of ATM System architecture, constituents, interfaces and functionalities.
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems and techniques related to technical systems.
- Creativity and innovation: applies new approaches.
- Analytical thinking: applies methodical approach to complex information.
- Communication: adapts communication to different situations and audiences.
- Managing change: supports the change process.
- Customer focus: adapts services to respond to customer needs.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The languages of the Agency are English and French. Thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency and satisfactory knowledge of the other language to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties. For this particular post, candidates must have thorough knowledge of English (written/oral).
OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS EXPERT Application Information
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of the reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.For more information on how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS EXPERT Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
||Aeronautical Engineer, design engineering, Eurocontrol, Operational Systems Expert, Administrator, OPS, aeronautical, ATCO, ATM/ATC , Safety Management Systems