At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter, the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Machine-tool maintenance technician Job Description
Are you a proactive, collaborative, multi-tasking and flexible maintenance technician? Would you like to work in a technical environment with complex and large-scale installations? Join CERN and put your skills and expertise to the test on some of the world's largest and most complex machines, fabrication, and development workshops. Take part and apply your practical and analytical skills to a wide range of technical challenges!
You will join:
- The Engineering Department (EN) that provides engineering competencies, infrastructure systems and technical coordination for the world's largest particle accelerator complex and its experimental facilities;
- The Mechanical & Materials Engineering Group (MME) provides the CERN community with specific engineering solutions combining mechanical design, fabrication and material sciences. The MME group maintains and develops the expertise on the mechanical construction of beam accelerator components and physics detectors. The MME group involves a large spectrum of highly specialized activities, including on-site fabrication facilities and sub-contracting, CAD design and advanced calculations;
- The Machining & Maintenance Section (MA) maintains an extensive range of state-of-the-art CNC/conventional fabrication technologies CERN wide, with a tradition of knowledge and technology developed for particle accelerator applications and dedicated in-house facilities.
As an experienced machine-tool maintenance technician, you will join an existing team of technicians and engineers, contribute with hands-on, practical work, and extend current knowledge and practices;
- Repair, maintain, install and troubleshoot conventional/CNC machine tools and other fabrication equipment (e.g. electron beam welding machines, vacuum furnaces, sheet metal equipment, etc.);
- Troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulics, electronics, software, electrical, pneumatic and control systems;
- Be responsible for the management and organization of the day-to-day workload for the maintenance team activities, including the planning and resourcing of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and shutdown maintenance. You will furthermore contribute with the relevant partners to produce effective maintenance strategies, procedures and methods;
- Control and source maintenance tools, equipment and spares including liaison with external contractors. You are responsible to identify and replace parts as necessary, tender and obtain quotations for required interventions and spares;
- Prepare and submit maintenance reports as required and document all maintenance and repairs in daily records (paper and electronic records);
Machine-tool maintenance technician Job Requirements
Higher technical diploma in the field of mechanics or a related field.
The experience required for this post is:
- Extensive hands-on work on CNC machine-tool, configuration, and maintenance;
- Extensive troubleshooting and problem-solving skills of industrial mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment
- Installation and maintenance work for a machine-tool manufacturer would be advantageous
- Proven experience leading/organizing a team
- Maintenance management: deep knowledge of repairs, maintenance, and troubleshooting of conventional and CNC machine tools; excellent electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Assembly of mechanical structures and equipment: a practical hands-on approach to maintenance problem solving and ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Maintenance management: ability to read and interpret operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, the capability to read part manuals, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions
Machine-tool maintenance technician Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Machine-tool maintenance technician Summary
0 - 2 years
||CNC, CAD design, physics detectors,