Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research. In addition, companies can work together with us in a custom innovation traject. Finally, we also offer an extensive range of testing and validation infrastructure for your products or production.
Our goal is to contribute to the technological development of the vehicles, machines and factories of the future. By doing so, we create added value for the manufacturing industry. Together we help companies innovate better and faster. In addition, we attach great importance to international cooperation in the field of innovation and to participation in European research projects.
Today Flanders Make counts 600 researchers who work full-time as a unique research community on a joint industrial research agenda.
We operate from our offices in Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk and Sint-Truiden
Embedded Software Engineer for Controller Design (Leuven, Kortrijk or Lommel) Job Description
Create new innovative prototype software tools that support embedded control design.
At Flanders Make we create new methods and intelligent software to support industrial designers of leading automotive and machine companies in Flanders. New methods are needed to automate data handling in complex design processes, more specifically:
DEVELOP & VALIDATE ADVANCED SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY
- To automatically generate design concepts;
- To co-optimize the control algorithm and the embedded platform which enable embedded platform engineers to perform a trade-off analysis.
As an expert in embedded and real time machine software, you will;
More concretely, you:
- Work in a software research team to develop the above stated advanced software technology (frameworks) for controller design on industrial concepts (compressors, active shock absorbers, weaving looms, …);
- Take the lead in the validation and indicate success criteria for the implementation to the team.
Experienced engineers will also coach young researchers and lead projects.
- Set up the characterization of the embedded software and hardware (objectives, memory and other constraints, execution times, buses, … );
- Are actively involved from conceptual idea generation until the implementation on a working demonstrator;
- Try to prevent possible implementation problems, as early as possible in the research process;
- Validate the new advanced software framework
- Design, develop and test key software components when available;
- Run the code on the ECU/TCU controle units;
- Translate where needed the software model (model based design algorithms) into code (C++).
Embedded Software Engineer for Controller Design (Leuven, Kortrijk or Lommel) Job Requirements
EXPERIENCED EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- A Master in Engineering (Computer Science, Informatics, ICT engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics, …);
- Genuine interest in prototype software frameworks and motivation to acquire skills in some new modelling languages (SysML, Eclipse, Simulink…);
- Strong background in Design, Development, Implementation, Test & Validation of embedded systems;
- Programming skills and knowledge of C, C++, Python, ... and embedded operating systems (embedded Linux);
- Expertise in hardware, real time operating systems, electronics or control engineering is a plus.
WORK ON HIGHLY INNOVATIVE² CONCEPTS FOR HIGHLY INNOVATIVE COMPANIES
- Passionate about research and new technologies;
- Result oriented, responsible and hands-on in progress;
- Team player;
- A good communicator;
- Eager to learn.
- Flanders Make gives you the opportunity to develop yourself in the network of top industry and universities and research institutes;
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm atmosphere and top colleagues;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
Leuven, Lommel or Kortrijk
Embedded Software Engineer for Controller Design (Leuven, Kortrijk or Lommel) Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Embedded Software Engineer for Controller Design (Leuven, Kortrijk or Lommel) Summary
2 - 5 years
||Computer Science, Information Science, ICT engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics, SysML, Eclipse, Simulink, Design, Development, Implementation , Testing, Validation, embedded systems
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next