Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research. In addition, companies can work together with us in a custom innovation traject. Finally, we also offer an extensive range of testing and validation infrastructure for your products or production.
Our goal is to contribute to the technological development of the vehicles, machines and factories of the future. By doing so, we create added value for the manufacturing industry. Together we help companies innovate better and faster. In addition, we attach great importance to international cooperation in the field of innovation and to participation in European research projects.
Today Flanders Make counts 600 researchers who work full-time as a unique research community on a joint industrial research agenda.
We operate from our offices in Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk and Sint-Truiden
Signal Processing Research Engineer for drone-based inspection of offshore wind farms (Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk) Job Description
You develop advanced signal processing strategies for drones that will monitor the structural health of offshore wind turbines, in the context of the European innovation project ‘WATEREYE’. You will also contribute to other projects.
Wind Farm Operators will use drones to measure data and accurately predict the future needs for their operation & maintenance. Flanders Make will work within an international consortium on model-based detection and prediction of corrosion in a single wind turbine.
As a signal processing research engineer, you will:
- Work together in a small research team that combines expertise in modelling, signal processing and experimental testing;
- Play a key role in developing and testing signal processing algorithms, taking into account industrial requirements such as robustness. Sensor fusion, virtual sensing, advanced filtering, algorithms for self-diagnostics and condition monitoring, physical modelling and feature extraction are within the scope of your future research activities;
- Work in close collaboration with experts from our industrial partners and have regular contacts with experts from knowledge centres in Belgium and abroad;
- Become a sparring partner for our leading companies in their innovation processes;
- Trace and present industrial challenges and new research opportunities.
Signal Processing Research Engineer for drone-based inspection of offshore wind farms (Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk) Job Requirements
- A master's or PhD degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electronical, Electrical);
- At least 4 years of experience in an industrial or research environment;
- In-depth knowledge of signal processing and modelling of dynamic systems;
- Experience with modelling and processing software (Matlab, Simulink, and/or Python) and measuring systems (e.g. Labview or dSPACE).
Your first challenge in this role: the European Watereye project
- Passionate about research and new technologies;
- Result-oriented, responsible, self-directing and a team player;
- A good communicator;
- Eager to learn.
The project goals of the research consortium are developing:
- A structural health monitoring system (SHM) capable of remotely estimating the corrosion level in wind turbines by monitoring wall thickness loss evolution.
- A diagnosis, prognosis and decision support tool for predictive operation & maintenance.
- Wind farm control algorithms with accurate consideration of the SHM system data, giving operators the freedom to select the best balance between energy production, protective control and predictive operation & maintenance.
Flanders Make will focus on the first two goals: development of model-based data analytics, diagnoses & prognoses for a single wind turbine.
You will also be involved in other research projects.
Signal Processing Research Engineer for drone-based inspection of offshore wind farms (Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk) Application Information
Flanders Make Flanders Make
- A challenging job, working with experts in various fields, using state-of-the-art infrastructure for autonomous systems, machine & vehicle dynamics, predictive control, data analytics, software prototyping.
- Variety. A steady job at Flanders Make entails more than one project.
- You will be able to choose from a variety of technology development projects (Flanders Make Projects) to apply and broaden your skills in different domains.
- An open corporate culture with short communication lines
- A multi-stakeholder research context
- An enthusiastic, international team
is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites in Lommel
we stimulate open innovation through excellent research.
Our purpose: realising a top-level research network in Flanders that delivers full support to the innovation projects of manufacturing companies. In this way, we want to contribute to new products and production processes that help to realise the vehicles, machines and factories of the future.
Because of our unique position between industry and research, our teams combine application and system proficiency with technological and scientific knowledge.
We focus on 4 key competences, all based on modelling and virtualisation:
1. Decision & Control
2. Design and optimisation
3. Motion product specification, architecture, and validation
4. Flexible assembly specification, architecture, and validation
Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work on one of our sites (flexible workplace policy). Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Signal Processing Research Engineer for drone-based inspection of offshore wind farms (Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk) Summary
2 - 5 years
||Mechanical, Electronical, Electrical, signal processing, modelling, dynamic systems, Matlab, Simulink, Python,
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next