The European Patent Office (EPO) is the second-largest European organisation, employing almost 7 000 staff from over 30 countries. Patent examiners work at the forefront of technology, dealing on a daily basis with the latest and most challenging technical innovations.
The EPO is an equal opportunity employer providing our staff with the chance to build long-term stable careers. We offer one of the most comprehensive and family-friendly benefits packages in Europe.
CAFM and back office Manager Job Description
Manager, CAFM and back office (Head of Section) (10465)
Job group: 5
Grade: G7 to G9 (net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 5 891,56 to 7 435,96, depending on experience)
Duration of appointment: Five years
Career path: Managerial
Location: The Hague
Application deadline: 04.04.2020
You will be part of Technical Services The Hague and report direct to its head. The department ensures a reliable, safe, healthy and sustainable working environment for all EPO staff.
You will manage a small team that acts as the central back office for Technical Services The Hague. It is intended that your team will manage the entire department's budgets, monitor its contracts and administer the CAFM system and all other related software (e.g. SAP, Archibus and SharePoint). Your team will also provide administrative support to the department, act as its customer interface and be responsible for technical documentation (e.g. drawings and reports).
Your main responsibilities
- Providing line management for the team, including:
o Setting objectives, managing performance and writing staff reports Fostering individual staff development and providing on-the-job training Managing the workload, including prioritisation
o Acting as an organisation-wide support interface and managing corrective maintenance, contracts and energy, including:
o Acting as a stand-alone interface between different parts of the organisation, including technicians, the Service Line, project managers, insurers, caterers and facility services
o Being the first point of contact for urgent technical defects and complaints
o Ensuring business continuity through the quick resolution of problems, by prioritising tasks and co- ordinating multiple complex interfaces (including co-ordinating solutions with internal stakeholders and external contractors)
o Organising back-up cover and on-call duty to ensure continuous service provision
o Organising and leading regular meetings of various stakeholders (i.e. technicians and service providers) Training staff from other parts of the organisation on the use of new tools and the correct application of guidelines
o Dealing with and following up warranty claims
o Supporting the head of department with managing the available funds and budgets
CAFM and back office Manager Job Requirements
What we expect from you
- Bachelor's in electrical, mechanical, civil or process engineering, technical facility management or, combined with a technical background, business administration
- Good knowledge of technical maintenance
- At least five to eight years' proven experience in technical maintenance and CAFM systems
- Experience of budgeting and tracking budget usage Expert knowledge of process management Excellent managerial and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Expert knowledge of CAFM software (Archibus), Microsoft SharePoint and SAP High affinity with workflow tools and continuous improvement processes Customer orientation and ability to act in a pragmatic way
- High level of self-motivation and resilience
- Diploma of completed university studies at bachelor's level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience
- Working knowledge of two of the EPO's official languages
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation
CAFM and back office Manager Application Information
Interested in this position?
We are happy to get in touch with you! You can send your application by using the "Apply" button
It is intended to hold the interviews in the second trimester 2020, in The Hague.
* after deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes. The salary range depends on experience.
CAFM and back office Manager Summary
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||The Hague, Netherlands