EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)
EUMETSAT is now inviting well qualified candidates from its Member States to apply for the following post:
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency - monitoring the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
This is your chance to contribute to a world leading earth observation programme, set to generate global weather forecasting and climate monitoring benefits. As a Communication and Network Operations Engineer you will be at the heart of ensuring all elements of this complex network work together to support real-time, end-to-end mission operations. This includes internal and external communications networks, operational infrastructure, security, as well as interfacing with the Communications and Networks engineering team within the Technical & Scientific Support (TSS) Department. The post supports the routine operations phases of the current mission systems, as well as the preparation for future missions.
· Ensure continued effective operations, coordinating maintenance and evolution activities within the operations networks, while maintaining 24/7 operational availability;
· Liaison and coordination with the ground segment and system operations teams to ensure the continuity and optimisation of mission operations from a communications and network operations perspective (through procedure and operations guide updates, configuration changes, database or user interface changes etc.);
· Support the communications systems upgrades and evolutions, including review of the design documentation, and participation in Change Review Boards;
· Support the functional verification and perform the operational validation of operational communications and network upgrades and evolutions, both standalone and in the context of an overall ground segment.
· Plan and co-ordinate changes to external entities and partners systems to support evolutions of the existing connectivity;
· Provision of support to operational security issues, relating to the networks and communications;
· Processing and coordination of communications and network related system anomalies, their documentation, investigation, classification and resolution/mitigation, including participation in Anomaly Review Boards;
· Coordination with external entities and partners to analyse and resolve issues related to the communications networks between them;
· Definition and maintenance of system and ground segment procedures and operations guides for communications and networks operations;
What we offer
· Generous salary, of up to Euro 7,500 month NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience
· Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
· Excellent medical coverage for employee and family
· Attractive pension
· 30 days of annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
· Training and development support
· Relocation allowance and support (if applicable)
· Solid practical experience of Communications and Network Operations in a 24/7 real-time operations environment
· Experience of defining, development, integration, acceptance testing and operation of communications and network systems;
· Experience of Communications and Network (Operations) Security;
· Practical experience of operation of Cisco or equivalent networks, WANs / LANs and demonstrated end-to-end systems knowledge.
· Experience of Voice Loop Systems (VLS) would be an advantage;
· Experience of management of technical teams or coordination of technical tasks would be an advantage;
· Strong analysis, synthesis and presentation skills;
· Good interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to apply these to working within and across teams.
· A relevant University degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Network Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience gained in a Network Engineering role.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
2 - 5 years
|Job Location:||Darmstadt , Germany|
|Keywords:||earth observation, global weather forecasting, climate monitoring, networking, operations, maintenance, verification and validation, documentation, WANS, LANS|
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next