Young Professionals Programme, Innovation and Emerging Technology Job Description
YPP, Innovation and Emerging Technology
Primary Location Various
NATO Body Various
Application deadline: 31 May 2020
Salary (Pay Basis): 4,346.80 Euro*
Grade: A1 (NATO grade 11)
The Young Professionals Programme
Through times of crisis and times of peace, for 70 years and counting, NATO has safeguarded our freedom and security. We know that threats evolve every day, and this is why we need you –to tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow!
We are launching an accelerator for your international career – the Young Professionals Programme (YPP). We want the most talented young professionals in a variety of areas to participate in this select programme.
Through this global three-year programme, you will experience the frontline of a political and military alliance and start a journey of personal and professional development. Together, we will enable NATO to:
- Leverage innovation, science and technology to support peace and security;
- Stay ahead in cutting edge domains such as cyber defence and aerospace;
- Address emergent global challenges with security implications;
- Support multiple operations on land, sea and air around the world;
- Fight terrorism, piracy and human trafficking at a global level;
- Facilitate political consultation and dialogue between Nations; and,
- Run crisis management exercises that mobilise thousands of people and equipment.
Do you want to make a difference and help protect close to one billion people across 30 Nations, including your own? Apply for the YPP, if you are ready to take on this challenge and are a national of a NATO member state with a Master’s degree and at least one year of work experience.
With you, we are stronger.
During the three years of the programme, you will be assigned to three different NATO bodies, one each year. You can find out more about the work of these NATO bodies here.
This is an opportunity for you to apply your knowledge and skills in the broader area of Innovation and Emerging Technology. As you gain experience, you will be given increasing responsibilities, such as:
Who we are looking for
- Research opportunities for innovation and conduct horizon scanning in the context of emerging technologies to enable core and support functions across the NATO enterprise;
- Contribute to developing strong relations with industry, academia, think-tanks, and multinational bodies in the science and technology domain to collaboratively develop and implement an innovation agenda for NATO;
- Support and facilitate the discussion, development and implementation of innovative initiatives in the form of policies, processes or technologies;
- Develop and apply assessment tools and techniques and conduct lessons learned exercises and project close-out towards incremental improvement of future innovation-driven projects;
- Support NATO’s efforts in systematically introduce innovation in the capability development processes and activities;
- Contribute to public information efforts on innovation activities by developing articles, briefings and presentations; and,
- Research new trends and innovation in the topic of Innovation and Emerging Technology.
The changing pace of the world demands that NATO and its people remain flexible, eager to learn and able to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders from multicultural backgrounds. For this role, we are generally interested in the following educational backgrounds:
- International Security, Information and Communication Technology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering; and,
- Any other degree that you believe can be useful to the area of Innovation and Emerging Technologies – let us know how your knowledge and skills can be applied!
The following skills are considered an asset:
What we offer
- Knowledge of innovation tools, practices and frameworks (e.g. on artificial intelligence, quantum technology, blockchain, machine learning);
- Thorough knowledge of analytical tools and methods; and,
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
NATO will offer the Young Professionals:
- An experience of a lifetime at the forefront of an international organisation where you’ll have the opportunity to develop your skills and enlarge your professional network;
- A diverse and stimulating work and personal experience where you will be assigned to three different NATO bodies around the globe, one each year; and,
- A competitive salary and other benefits, including excellent health insurance and a generous annual leave of 30 days.
Are you interested in being part of NATO and the YPP? Apply until 31 May 2020 via the 'Apply'
For more information, please see the job description here and more information about the programme here.*Salary reference value as per 2020, Belgium. Subject to future adjustments in accordance with North Atlantic Council decisions.
Young Professionals Programme, Innovation and Emerging Technology Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Young Professionals Programme, Innovation and Emerging Technology Summary
Compliance & security
0 - 2 years
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next