Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research. In addition, companies can work together with us in a custom innovation traject. Finally, we also offer an extensive range of testing and validation infrastructure for your products or production.
Our goal is to contribute to the technological development of the vehicles, machines and factories of the future. By doing so, we create added value for the manufacturing industry. Together we help companies innovate better and faster. In addition, we attach great importance to international cooperation in the field of innovation and to participation in European research projects.
Today Flanders Make counts 600 researchers who work full-time as a unique research community on a joint industrial research agenda.
We operate from our offices in Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk and Sint-Truiden
Embedded software engineer for industrial robotics (Kortrijk) Job Description
Industry 4.0 companies work together with Flanders Make to develop smart and flexible production systems, where industrial tooling machines collaborate and are easily (re)configured. In a high-tech assembly lab in Kortrijk (2021), dozens of tooling machines will exchange information and work together in different modular settings. You will add new skills to such smart production systems and demonstrate the possibilities of these new technologies.
Integrate real-time embedded software for prototypes of assembly work cells
As an experienced or young talented embedded software engineer, you will
- work together in a team of experts in the industrial internet of things (IIOT), system design, software architecture, optimisation algorithms & robot programming;
- solve automation challenges for interconnected industrial machines & robots;
- add new context-adaptive control and other functionalities;
- take the lead in realising embedded software.
To develop an inspiring demonstrator work cell, you will
- challenge the team’s solutions in terms of feasibility, robustness, adaptiveness, configurability by the operator;
- think ahead and work out creative new scenarios when new challenges arise during a project; e.g. in sensor systems, industrial networks, industrial internet of things (IIOT) protocols, data storage, new added modules etc.
- programme real-time (distributed) operating and control systems;
- integrate software with object-oriented software design methods (UML, C++, Python, Java...);
- install the selected embedded platforms (industrial controllers…), sensors, servers, carriers…
- learn how to programme new tooling machines, new PLCs or robots, when needed.
Embedded software engineer for industrial robotics (Kortrijk) Job Requirements
Team-minded mechatronics engineer with a systematic approach
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics, Distributed Systems, Electronics-ICT, Computer Science or Electromechanical Engineering;
- Experience in the use of industrial automation hardware/software;
- Deep knowledge of modelling and control of dynamic systems and/or experimental validation on embedded control systems;
- Good programming skills for embedded and real-time machine software (UML, C, C++, Java, Python);
- Good communication & presentation skills (in Dutch and/or English);
- Affinity with different HW platforms/architectures such as DSP, GPU, microcontrollers, embedded systems and rapid prototyping systems, sensors, PLC programming and PCB Design is a plus;
- Skills in handling industrial tooling such as treadmills, grippers, screws, presses… is a major advantage.
Working at Flanders Make
- Creative in finding new scenarios whenever the context changes;
- Eager to learn.
Flanders Make offers you
- The opportunity to develop yourself within its network of leading industrial companies, universities and research institutes;
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm atmosphere and first-class colleagues;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
This video shows a testimonial of 2 colleagues working at Flanders Make.
Flanders Make colleagues work together on projects in Belgium at our sites in Kortrijk, Lommel and Leuven (flexible workplace policy). The infrastructure for this job is mostly located in Kortrijk. Flanders Make Flanders Make
is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites in Kortrijk, Lommel
, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research.
Our purpose: realising a top-level research network in Flanders that delivers full support to the innovation projects of manufacturing companies. In this way, we want to contribute to new products and production processes that help to realise the vehicles, machines and factories of the future.
Embedded software engineer for industrial robotics (Kortrijk) Application Information
Please upload your cv and motivation via the 'Apply' or 'Next button below.
You may also go directly to our website at http://jobs.flandersmake.be. Please fill in the online application form and upload a motivation letter and cv.
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Embedded software engineer for industrial robotics (Kortrijk) Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||industrial automation, embedded software, hardware, design, architecture
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next