Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research. In addition, companies can work together with us in a custom innovation traject. Finally, we also offer an extensive range of testing and validation infrastructure for your products or production.
Our goal is to contribute to the technological development of the vehicles, machines and factories of the future. By doing so, we create added value for the manufacturing industry. Together we help companies innovate better and faster. In addition, we attach great importance to international cooperation in the field of innovation and to participation in European research projects.
Today Flanders Make counts 600 researchers who work full-time as a unique research community on a joint industrial research agenda.
We operate from our offices in Leuven, Lommel, Kortrijk and Sint-Truiden
Researcher Navigation autonomous mobile robots Job Description
Flanders Make researchers are creating demonstrators with next generation navigation algorithms that are adaptable and self-learning. An increasing number of autonomous functionalities could be added to industrial autonomous robots. While the industry hesitates, Flanders Make proves that these technologies are easy to deploy in complex settings and more robust when needed, eg. in busy or noisy industrial contexts.
Object identification, localization, path planning & obstacle avoidance
As an expert or young potential in navigation algorithms for autonomous mobile robots, drones and vehicles:
- you work together in a team which combines expertise in sensing, computer vision, odometry, signal processing, adaptive & learning control, embedded software, robotics, machine learning and artificial intelligence;
- with the team you solve challenges in sensor fusion & simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), static & dynamic world modelling, optimal and real-time path planning, motion planning and motion control, where you focus on indoor localization, world modelling and context adaptive path planning.
For a variety of industrial cases (small indoor pick- and place drones & robots in warehouses, assembly cobots, large outdoor or heavy-weight forklifts) you will:
- Write 2D/3D navigation algorithms for indoor/outdoor localization, path planning & tracking, object identification and obstacle detection & avoidance;
- Ensure innovation by improvements to simultaneous localisation and mapping (SLAM), advanced filtering and sensor fusion (Kalman filtering, numeric optimization,… ) and radically enhance the visual perception & localization. You add & improve items using python, Matlab or C++ and work in environments like ROS on the selected sensor set (Vision, LIDAR, UWB, IMU, …);
- Simulate all the functionalities and validate your result on a mobile robot and drone demonstrator;
- Experienced engineers will also trace and present industrial challenges and research opportunities or coach young engineers and lead projects.
Researcher Navigation autonomous mobile robots Job Requirements
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering (Mechatronics, Robotics, Control, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronical ….);
- Track record in navigation of autonomous vehicles (sensor fusion, obstacle avoidance, path planning,… );
- Skilled in ROS and python, Matlab or C++;
- Practical experience in at least two advanced localization or navigation algorithms (Kalman filtering, SLAM, adaptive path planning, world modelling);
- A broad knowledge of sensing signals, system architecture, controls of machines, robots, drones and embedded software.
- Passionate about research and new technologies;
- Result oriented, responsible, self directing and team player;
- A good communicator;
- Eager to learn.
- A challenging job, working with experts in various fields, using state-of-the-art infrastructure for autonomous systems, machine & vehicle dynamics, predictive control, data analytics, software prototyping.
- An open company culture with short communication lines;
- A multi-stakeholder research context;
- An enthusiastic, international team.
Kurt Geebelen, senior research engineer @Flanders Make since 2015: “At Flanders Make, I get to work with the latest technologies and apply them directly on industry relevant applications, while having the freedom to explore new ideas.”
Researcher Navigation autonomous mobile robots Application Information
How to apply?
To apply, go to http://jobs.flandersmake.be. Please fill in the online application form and upload a motivation letter and cv. You may also click to application button below to apply.
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our establishments in Kortrijk, Lommel, Leuven and Sint-Truiden, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research. Our purpose: realising a top-level research network in Flanders that delivers full support to the innovation projects of manufacturing companies. In this way, we contribute to new products and production processes that help to realise the vehicles, machines and plants of the future.
Researcher Navigation autonomous mobile robots Summary
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
||ROS, SENSOR FUSION, AUTONOMOUS, KALMAN FILTER, ROBOT CONTROL
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next