Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Job Description
We’re looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our Everon team within EVBox Group in Amsterdam. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about troubleshooting issues, communicate with stakeholders and be curious about our product, and be able to reliably deliver the best solution to our customers.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that’s better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
At Everon, we empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future. As part of the EVBox Group we offer a full service that’s built from the ground up to be global, future proof, API-first, highly scalable, and secure.
You’ll be helping us create a sustainable future of transportation with quick thinking and clear communication, keeping our operations running smoothly.
Get to know the team
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer based in the Amsterdam office you will be part of the Software Development team that is responsible for maximize the reliability and resilience of the Everon platform by providing a production platform, tools, best practices and processes.
“People here are very bright and open. The industry we work in is so fresh, flexible and undefined. Especially in the Software space, where you can leave your footprint wherever you go.” – Piotr, CTO Everon
For more information, check out our YouTube video "#10YearsofEVBox | the founding of Everon"
What you'll be doing
You will work closely with the product development teams, jointly making sure our systems meet their SLOs, are fault tolerant, secure and performant. Our EV charging platform is a unique solution that brings unique challenges.
Projects you could work on:
- Coding Google Cloud Platform infrastructure automation with Terraform.
- Improving our monitoring and alerting setup.
- Building relationships with the product development teams
- Helping product development teams design, deploy and fix various services
- Contributing to the Production Readiness Reviews.
You will work from our office in Amsterdam and report to the Manager, Software Development. Your main responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Run our infrastructure with Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Automate repeatable actions.
- Continuously improve the reliability of our systems.
- Work closely with the Product Development Teams to improve the deployment process.
- Use your knowledge and experience to prevent incidents from ever happening.
- Debug production issues across services.
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Be part of the Incident Response team to respond to availability incidents.
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Job Requirements
What you'll bring to the team:
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- 2+ years of experience with system administration/infrastructure engineering/cloud engineering.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure providers (preferably GCP).
- Have experience with Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or related technologies.
- Programming/scripting skills in at least one of the following: Go, Python, Shell.
- Familiarity with the Java Ecosystem is highly preferred.
- Have experience in monitoring and setting up alerts.
- Have experience applying CI & CD concepts.
- Experience in delivering and providing support for low latency and highly available software systems (nice to have).
We want you to demonstrate
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Be an advocate of and apply security in every aspect of your work.
- Ability to document all the things to learn at once and to share knowledge with others.
- Willingness to automate where possible, to deliver quickly, and iterate fast.
- Good English communication skills.
- Team player mentality.
- Holiday Swap (2 days).
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget.
- Volunteer Day.
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks.
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office.
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Everon does not accept resumes of candidates from agencies or other intermediaries. Any such profiles will be disregarded. In case EVBox concluded an employment agreement with any of those candidates, this shall not create any right for, and no fees are owed to the agency who submitted such a resume.What it's like to work at the Amsterdam office
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here’s what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Application Information
Your interviewing stages might look something like
More about the Everon softwareEveron is a global Platform-as-a-Service charging management solution designed for all-electric mobility needs worldwide. We offer a best-in-class platform that enables station operators and service providers to run sustainable businesses, empowering them to enhance their customers’ electric vehicle charging experience via advanced data-driven services. From custom billing plans to user management – Everon is designed to a clients’ needs and business models.EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
- Your resume will be reviewed by our team.
- If your application is selected, you will first have an interview with a member of our recruitment team.
- Get ready to meet the hiring manager. As part of your recruitment process, you will receive an assignment.
- Interview with a senior manager.
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Summary
Cloud computing / technology
0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next