The Bank for International Settlements is a diverse organization with colleagues from over 60 countries. By joining us in the international city of Basel, you will work in a unique, highly rewarding and international work environment. We truly value diversity and inclusion and want to reflect the world we serve. We want the best people to work for us in an inclusive environment so welcome applications from all qualified candidates. At the BIS, we value equality and diversity in all its forms and one way we support diversity and inclusion is through our staff-run networks
The Bank for International Settlements has a great opportunity available for a Senior Systems Engineer - Microsoft Platforms in our Basel offices.
Purpose of the role
Within the IT Infrastructure team, the Server Engineering unit ensures that the core IT environment (Windows/Linux server, and core platform) is implemented and operated according to industry standards and is aligned to BIS business strategies and policies.
By joining the IT Infrastructure team
- You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of modern technologies in an organization that continuously seeks to implement the newest technologies to support a variety of business requirements.
- We take resiliency to heart. You will work with a highly sophisticated and resilient IT infrastructure using the newest technologies across our Active/Active DataCentre architecture.
- Innovation is in our DNA. We pride ourselves on creative thinking and embrace new ideas and new ways of working that bring efficiency and agility to our IT operations. If you are creative, visionary and strategic, you will thrive.
- We are a close knit IT community. You will belong to a team that believes in collaboration, is open to new ideas, and welcomes new members with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
In this position as a Senior Systems Engineer - Microsoft Platforms, you will provide expert advice and operational experience on key Microsoft technologies used throughout the organization, both on-premises and cloud based.
- IT Operations: Provide day-to-day operations of the core Microsoft Windows Server platforms in use by the Bank and organize operational workload to ensure tasks are prioritized and the Bank's IT Infrastructure runs efficiently in support of business needs. Represent the Server Engineering team in key IT governance processes based on ITIL.
Core technologies include Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory and Hybrid Identity (AzureAD / ADFS), Group Policy, System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM), System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Microsoft Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Systems Monitoring: ensure that the Bank's core IT platforms and services produce the required telemetry to enable problem resolution, root cause analysis, performance measurement, capacity measurement, and operational monitoring. Contribute to an Infrastructure level solution to operational monitoring for diverse technologies including Networking, Microsoft Services and Servers, Linux, Virtualization, and Public Cloud.
- IT Infrastructure Design and Engineering: collaborate with Business IT teams to provide the foundational services and infrastructure required to host their applications. Provide domain expertise on Microsoft technologies and support the Bank's IT strategy and roadmap.
- Resilience and Security: improve systems, their security, and drive new standards for maintaining a constantly evolving IT landscape. Ensure designs are resilient and available to meet the Bank's business continuity needs. Ensure that the Bank's IT systems and services are managed according to security standards and provide measurable compliance metrics to manage compliance.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- At least 5 years' demonstrable work experience in a Windows Server administration and monitoring role in an enterprise environment
- Deep domain expertise in Microsoft technologies, primarily focused on Windows Server infrastructure and Microsoft Azure
- Relevant Microsoft certifications.
- Fluency with automation tools (i.e., Ansible) and experience managing Windows outside of the standard Administrative Consoles (i.e., Powershell, WMI, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management practices and technologies while leveraging orchestration to ensure configuration consistency
- Experience with cloud migration and adoption of hybrid cloud architectures.
- Ability to develop strategy, articulate vision and socialize concepts to transform technology offering across the Bank.
- Good communication, presentation, and team-working skills.
What the BIS offers
In return, we offer a competitive compensation package (tax-free), including a comprehensive set of expat and relocation benefits and allowances. In addition, thanks to our status as an international organization, we are able to hire globally and welcome applications from candidates of all nationalities and located anywhere in the world.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
Cloud computing / technology
Compliance & security
10 - 15 years
2 - 5 years
5 - 10 Years
|Job Location:||Basel, Switzerland|