Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. Today, we are Europe’s largest renewable energy producer and a global company in energy market operations.
Providing pure energy
Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 5,000 employees in 20 countries.
C++ Software Developer Job Description
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Working in Nordic Software Development
Nordic Software Development is a specialist software development team in Statkraft that delivers class leading software for all business areas in Statkraft. Some examples are:
- Delivering customized solutions to the Energy management process that optimizes the sales of our renewable power on the spot and reserve markets
- Working with the construction and maintenance teams that build and operate our power plants on using machine learning to optimize maintenance
- Work with our many analysis teams to help develop their tooling and automating time consuming manual processes
- Developing our high-performance computing platform where we run all the computationally heavy models and the tooling around that platform.
On a technical level we deliver a wide range of solutions ranging from web applications to advanced analytics tools.
Custom software development is essential for Statkraft to remain a market leader in renewable energy production and we are now looking for great people to join our software development team. If you enjoy challenging yourself and working in a competitive industry where technology is evolving the business we operate in, then we would love to talk to you. If you are motivated by working for a company that is a key part of the solution for creating an environmentally sustainable society then Statkraft is the company for you.
As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced developers specialized in diverse area and share knowledge with them. You will also collaborate with business users in many parts of the company and will learn a lot about producing, selling and maintaining renewable power assets as well as many types of analysis of everything from hydrology, power markets and preventive maintenance.Your role
- Work as part of our high-performance computing team that develops the platform where all or computationally heavy models run and the tooling around that to structure input data and result sets, perform advanced analytics on the model results and make it available to the rest of the business
- Work together with the business users to develop advanced algorithms that solves complex business problems
- Help shaping Statkraft’s digital future with big data, machine learning, predictive analytics etc.
C++ Software Developer Job Requirements
Other useful skills in this role:
- 2+ years software development experience
- Experience in C++, knowledgeable in Python
- Good social and communication skills
- Be eager to learn about new trends and technologies
- Fluent in English, and preferably Norwegian
- Proactive and responsible team player that enjoys challenging themselves
- Time series oriented databases
- CI/CD pipeline establishment
- Containerization (Kubernetes)
- .net experience
- Good understanding of mathematics/statistics
- Experience with Agile Methodology (Scrum)
C++ Software Developer Application Information
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com
C++ Software Developer Summary
0 - 2 years
To apply for this position you will be taken to the recruiter's website. Please click Next below to continue.Next